One of the largest, and the most prominent cities of the state, Ahmedabad holds a lot more treasure than what meets the eyes. A major industrial, cultural, educational, and economic hub of the state and the region, the city will always make you stay on your toes for colorful experiences and fun adventures. With our customizable trip plans and itineraries, you can do more than just a regular road trip from Surat to Ahmedabad, and enjoy a comfortable ride, while making your journey interesting at the same time
Table of Contents
- Why travel from Surat to Ahmedabad?
- Traveling from Agra to Delhi by car
- Best time to take a road trip by car
- How to Reach Ahmedabad By Train
- How to Reach Ahmedabad By Flight
- Other means of traveling
- Places to eat along this route
- Attractions in Ahmedabad for Sightseeing
- Popular places to eat in Ahmedabad
- Hotels and resorts – Accommodation in Ahmedabad
Why travel from Surat to Ahmedabad?
The capital city of Ahmedabad is famous for its vibrant culture, beach locales, and exotic natural bounties. A colorful city, it is also known for its authentic Gujarati cuisine, and colonial history. And by booking a cab with Savaari, you also get the chance to customize your whole trip, including the itinerary, so you can make it an incredible travel experience!
Travelling from Surat to Ahmedabad by car
A road trip from Surat to Ahmedabad by car is one of the best ways to experience the roads that connect the Diamond City to the Manchester of India. When you book a Surat to Ahmedabad trip with us, you can enjoy a ride through the smaller towns and rural areas of Gujarat, before you enter the charming commercial center. With our completely customizable Surat to Ahmedabad trip packages, you can stop at any of these places and do some quick sightseeing. Experience the joy of being on the road by booking a cab from Savaari.
Let us help you discover the best routes to travel from Surat to Ahmedabad by car.
Best time to take a road trip to Ahmedabad
Being landlocked and around the Kutch region, Ahmedabad experiences an arid climate, with most of the year being dry with very little humidity. Summers can be extremely harsh with temperatures rising to higher 30s (Celsius), while winters, although very chilly, can be pleasant for exploring. The rainy season, however, is moist and cooler, with greener surroundings making it the best time to visit Ahmedabad.
Route 1: Surat to Ahmedabad via NH48 and NE1
This is the shortest and fastest route to cover the Surat to Ahmedabad distance which is approximately 260 KM. You can most probably expect regular Surat to Ahmedabad traffic, but no severe congestion or road closures. Please check for live traffic updates and follow real-time maps to get a better idea of road conditions.
Here’s a basic Surat to Ahmedabad road map for this route:
|Surat – Kamrej – Ankleshwar – Bharuch – Vadodara – Nadiad – Ahmedabad|
Popular sights/monuments that you will encounter along this route:
- Narmada Park, Bharuch: Make a quick stop at this scenic park for a few minutes of quiet and relaxation.
- Golden Bridge, Bharuch: This historic iron bridge spans the Narmada River and was built by the British.
- Kirti Mandir, Vadodara: Stop at this monument, built in the memory of the ancestors of Maharaja Sayajirao III, with ornate murals and busts.
- Nimeta Garden, Morlipura: This popular garden is frequently visited by families and it is a great spot for picnics.
- Canal Fall Spot, Nadiad: A beautiful nature spot where you can stop to take photos and enjoy the scenery.
Places to eat along this route:
- The Gallery Restaurant, Ankleshwar: A popular restaurant serving both vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals with a good ambiance.
- Sankalp Restaurant, Vadodara: A good spot to try some quality South Indian food.
- Sappy Fast-Food Corner, Nadiad: Local fast-food restaurant serving quick snacks and is quite popular among travelers.
Surat to Ahmedabad Road Condition Via Route 1:
The Surat to Ahmedabad road condition via NH 48 and NE1 is excellent. It is the fastest route, has tolls but no road closure. Before you travel, always check for live traffic updates or real-time maps to get a better understanding of the Surat to Ahmedabad road condition.
Surat to Ahmedabad Best Route
Route 1 is the only recommended route and has many interesting points along the way. Hence, if you want to save time and still enjoy a gorgeous road trip, then the route via via NE1 and NH 48 is your best option.
Other means of traveling from Surat to Ahmedabad
You can also travel from Surat to Ahmedabad by train or flight.
How to Reach Ahmedabad By Train
You can also cover the Surat to Ahmedabad distance by train, which is available daily. On a daily basis, 18 train runs between Surat and Ahmedabad. On a weekly basis, the count shoots up to 97. Visit the Indian Railways website for your Surat to Ahmedabad train bookings, or choose your options from the multiple online portals. The fastest train is Shatabdi Express. The total time taken from Surat to Ahmedabad can vary from 3 to 9 hours, depending upon the train you choose. Therefore, for the updated Surat to Ahmedabad train timings, check with IRCTC for their latest timetables.
How to Reach Ahmedabad By Flight
You can also fly from Surat to Ahmedabad. There are a number of flights between these two cities daily. However, none of them are direct. The city is served by Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport, which is Hansol, 9 km north of central Ahmedabad.
Since the flights between the cities have single or multiple stops, the average Surat to Ahmedabad flight duration is 8 hours, and usually costs between Rs 4000 to 6000 depending on the airline, flight route, booking window, available deals, and the travel season. For your Surat to Ahmedabad flight booking, visit any online travel portal or check with the airlines’ direct website. You can hire a reliable Surat airport taxi for a convenient ride to your hotel in the city.
Explore Ahmedabad Like a Local: A Handy Guide
With our trips and suggestions, you can be sure to have an incredible and memorable Ahmedabad tour.
Attractions in Ahmedabad for Sightseeing
- Start with the most iconic place of the city – the Sabarmati Ashram, the home of Mahatma Gandhi and an important site of Indian’s history.
- The Calico Museum of Textiles is an insightful place to capture some information on the state’s textile treasure and art.
- For a dose of history and knowledge, visit the Adalaj Stepwell, an ancient structure with unique architecture, or the Sarkhej Roja, a historical mosque and tomb complex.
- For outdoor time, you can always visit the Kankaria Lake, the Vastrapur Lake, or the Sabarmati Riverfront, for a quiet and relaxing time.
- To explore the city’s art scene, the Amdavad ni Gufa gallery is a good start.
Savaari recommends – Popular places to eat in Ahmedabad
As a cultural hub of the state, Ahmedabad also takes pride in being a center of culinary fare. While ethnic Gujarati cuisine might be prominently available, the city’s cosmopolitan crown also influenced the food scene.
Sample the local flavors of Ahmedabad at these popular places-
- Manmohan Kharek Center, 6th kimsim complex, near Ganesh Plaza, Navrangpura
- Rajwadu, Nr. Jivraj Tolnaka, Behind Ambaji Temple, Malav Talav
- Vishalla, Vasna Rd, Opp. Tol Naka, Rehnuma Society, Sanklit Nagar, Juhapura
- Earthen Oven, Fortune Landmark, Ashram Road
- Gordhan Thal, Sapath Complex, Opp. Rajpath Club, Sarkhej – Gandhinagar Hwy, Bodakdev
Hotels and resorts – Accommodation in Ahmedabad
|Divan’s Bungalow|| 1785, Saiyad Wadu, MB Kadri Road, |
Raikhad II, Opposite Gaikwad Haveli,
Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380001
PH: 079 2535 5428
| Behind Mehdi Nawaz Jung Hall, |
Beside Bank of India, Paldi Cross Roads,
Ellisbridge, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380006
PH: 079 2657 8520
| Ebony Residency|
|Behind Apex Heart Institute Near Gurudwara, |
Sarkhej – Gandhinagar Hwy, Ahmedabad,
Gujarat 380054 PH: 098252 36795
|Prasang Presidency|| R.C.T.I College Road, opposite Unique |
City Homes, Ghatlodiya, Ahmedabad,
Gujarat 380061 PH: 089059 10060
|Hotel El Dorado|| 19, Koregaon Park Next to Osho International |
Commune, Maharashtra 411001
Download our Savaari cab booking app for a smooth and pleasant journey.