Bangalore, now Bengaluru, is famously known as the Garden City of India. A city that was once recognized by its tech industry, is now a colourful collage of cultures and businesses, making the Silicon Valley of India the most vibrant metro city in the south. An IT hub, Bangalore is one of the poster cities for urban India.
Table of Contents
- Why travel from Shravanabelagola to Bangalore?
- Travelling from Shravanabelagola to Bangalore by Car
- Best time to take a road trip from Shravanabelagola to Bangalore by car
- How to Reach Bangalore By Train
- How to Reach Bangalore By Flight
- Places to eat along this route
- Other means of travelling
- Attractions in Bangalore for Sightseeing
- Savaari recommends – Popular places to eat in Bangalore
- Hotels and Resorts – Accommodation in Bangalore
Why travel from Shravanabelagola to Bangalore?
Bangalore is vibrant and has much to offer including gardens, temples, monuments, museums, pubs and great nightlife. When you take a road trip from Shravanabelagola to Bangalore, you can enhance your experience by enjoying everything that lies on the way. With a Savaari, you can turn your drive into a fun-filled journey and also customize the trip to your liking, travel time, and budget.
Traveling from Shravanabelagola to Bangalore by Car
The road from Shravanabelagola to Bangalore lets you slowly escape from the old-world setting of Shravanabelagola to a hustling, modern city. On your way you will come across offbeat places like Ramanagara, Kunigal, Nelamangala and more, depending on the route. With our completely customizable Shravanabelagola to Bangalore trip packages, you can stop at any of these places and do a quick sightseeing. Let us help you discover the best routes to travel from Shravanabelagola to Bangalore by car.
Best Time to Visit
Sitting roughly 1000 feet from the sea and surrounded by the hills of Western Ghats, the city of Bangalore enjoys pleasant weather all year round. The winters are cool and breezy, summers are warm but not humid like most cities in India. Monsoon, however, can be rough and the city experiences heavy rainfall from July to September. So, if you want to experience the best of Bangalore, plan your travel in the dry or colder months.
Popular Routes from Shravanabelagola to Bangalore
Route 1: Distance and Time Taken from Shravanabelagola to Bangalore via NH75
This is the shortest, fastest, and the most convenient route to cover the Shravanabelagola to Bangalore distance by road. Most travelers use this route, since the Shravanabelagola to Bangalore traffic is also not heavy on this highway. On this route, it takes about three hours to cover the Shravanabelagola to Bangalore distance of approximately 145 km. Before you travel, always check for traffic updates and use live maps to get real-time information on the road conditions between Shravanabelagola to Bangalore.
Here’s a basic road map for Shravanabelagola to Bangalore on this route:
|Shravanabelagola > Hirisave > Bellur Cross > Yediyur > Kunigal > Nelamangala > Bangalore|
Popular sights/monuments that you will encounter along this route:
- Markonahalli Dam – The dam and its reservoir on the Shimsha River is a great spot to take a break and catch some fresh air, away from the city.
- Kunigal Stud Farm – A rare thing to see in India, this stud farm is a tended enclave of greenery and well-reared horses.
- Nelamangala – The natural locales of this small town, right outside Bangalore is a locally popular trekking and camping site. You can also simply take a drive around and enjoy the views.
Places to eat along this route:
- Murali Military Hotel, Nagathihalli – Popular local diner serving traditional non-vegetarian fare, with good ambiance, good for families and groups.
- Hotel Mayura, Bellur Cross – Locally popular restaurant serving vegetarian meals in North and South Indian cuisines, good for lunch and dinner, families with kids.
- Swathi Delicacy, Koppa – Family restaurant serving vegetarian Indian menu, snacks and beverages, good for breakfast and kid-friendly.
- Shark Food Court, Narasandra – Highway side food court serving South Indian snacks, tea and coffee, in an open-air setting, good for breakfast.
Shravanabelagola to Bangalore Road Condition via route 1:
The road conditions from Shravanabelagola to Bangalore on route 1 are excellent. It is the fastest route with standard traffic, despite some tolls on the way, but there are no road closures.
Route 2: Distance and Time Taken from Shravanabelagola to Bangalore via SH47 and Mysore Rd
This is an alternative route to cover Shravanabelagola to Bangalore distance by road. This route is quite longer and takes significantly more time than the previous route. The distance between Shravanabelagola to Bangalore via this route is about 165 km and can take about four hours. There are also chances of heavy traffic on this route, and/or occasional roadwork. However, before travel, always use a real-time map and check for traffic updates to get the best idea of the road condition between Bangalore and Shravanabelagola.
Here’s a basic Shravanabelagola to Bangalore road map for this route:
|Shravanabelagola > Hosalli > Jakkanahalli > Mandya > Maddur > Channapatna > Ramanagara > Bangalore|
Popular sights/monuments that you will encounter along this route:
- Bharat Arts and Crafts, Channapatna – One of the oldest manufacturers and exporters of local Channapatna wooden toys, good for a tour and souvenir shopping.
- Janapada Loka open-air museum, Ramanagara – A conservatory for local arts and crafts, depicting regional culture and traditions. Also visit the nearby Doddamannugudde Forest.
- Kanva Reservoir, Ramanagara – An expansive artificial lake, formed by the dam on Kanva River, surrounded by hills and grassy meadows, good for a refreshing break or day picnic.
- Ramadevara Betta Vulture Sanctuary, Ramanagara – Tucked within the mountainous areas off the highway, this natural reserve houses a huge population of vultures, and is one of its kind in the country.
- Wonderla, Mysore Road – A themed amusement park and a popular entertainment zone near Bangalore, with water rides, activities and other thrilling activities, good for groups and families.
Places to eat along this route:
- Swaad Food Express, Mandya – Local food court serving a variety of local food, snacks, and beverages, good for groups.
- Amaravathi Restaurant, Guthalu – Standard highway side family restaurant serving Indian and continental meals, snacks, and beverages, good for big groups.
- Kamat Lokaruchi, Ramanagara – Popular highway side restaurant for travelers, serving vegetarian South Indian meals, with outdoor seating and a museum adjacent to it.
- Appaji Biriyani Hatti, Ramanagara – Local biriyani joint also serving other non-vegetarian dishes in a café-style setting, good for groups and late nights.
Shravanabelagola to Bangalore Road Condition via route 2:
The road conditions from Shravanabelagola to Bangalore on route 2 are average. It is a longer route with some traffic, has tolls on the way, and there might be road closures due to congestion or road work from time to time.
Shravanabelagola to Bangalore Best Route
Both the above routes are good for traveling from Shravanabelagola to Bangalore. Each of these routes has interesting sightseeing options on the way. However, the first route seems to be the shortest and quickest, while the second route seems more scenic. So, if time is a priority for you, then route 1 seems to be the better choice for traveling from Shravanabelagola to Bangalore by road. Otherwise, you can take route 2.
Other means of traveling from Shravanabelagola to Bangalore
You can also travel from Shravanabelagola to Bangalore by train. There are frequent trains from Shravanabelagola to Bangalore. The fastest train in Yeshwanthpur-Hassan Intercity SF Express (22679), which takes nearly two hours to reach. For all your train bookings from Shravanabelagola to Bangalore, visit any online travel portals or check with Indian Railways website for the latest train timings, price information, and other railway updates.
There is no flight service between Shravanabelagola to Bangalore. The nearest airport to Shravanabelagola is in Mysore, about 92 km away, and the nearest international airport is in Bangalore, about 166 km away. The only way to reach Shravanabelagola to Bangalore is by road or train.
Attractions for Sightseeing in Bangalore
Apart from beautiful public gardens and parks, the Garden City has a host of other interesting things to see and do.
- Cubbon Park – The biggest patch of greenery of the city, great for walks, jogs, or simply relaxing in the shaded areas.
- Lalbagh Botanical Garden – A public garden housing exotic plants, trees, flowers, along with a museum and an exhibition venue.
- Vidhan Soudha – The city hall with all major government offices, known for its brilliant architecture.
- Ulsoor Lake – the biggest water body of the city, surrounded by ample greenery and jogger’s park.
- Jayachamarajendra Museum & Gallery – A public gallery with a museum, preserving the city’s history and heritage.
- St. Mary’s Basilica – The oldest church of the city, located in the Archdiocese of Bangalore, known for its splendid Gothic architecture with carved arches, ornamental motifs, and stained-glass windows.
Sitting in the heart of South India, flanked by all the states of the region, Bangalore and its vicinity is blessed with endless natural and man-made wonders, making this the perfect starting point for uncountable road trips and places to visit nearby. With wide stretches of national and state highways crisscrossing the state, you can be anywhere, anytime, within a few hours’ drive. Check out the best road trips you can embark on for a quick weekend getaway from Bangalore.
Savaari recommends – Popular places to eat in Bangalore
Being a cosmopolitan metro city, Bangalore’s food culture is influenced by all the communities that have settled in the city for generations, making it a melting pot of various cuisines from home and abroad.
To sample the best of classic and contemporary, Indian and international flavors, explore these places in Bangalore.
- Only Place, Museum Rd, near Post Office, Shanthala Nagar, Ashok Nagar
- Lantern Restaurant, 99, Residency Rd, Shanthala Nagar, Ashok Nagar
- The Hole in the Wall Café, 8th Main Rd, Koramangala 4th Block, Koramangala
- Toit Brewpub, 100 Feet Road, Near-Drops Total Spirits, Indiranagar
- Vidyarthi Bhavan, Gandhi Bazaar Main Road
- Arogya Ahaara, HSR Layout 5th Sector
Hotels and Resorts in Bangalore
|The Leela Palace||23, HAL Old Airport Rd, HAL 2nd Stage, Kodihalli, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560008||080 2521 1234|
|ITC Gardenia-A Luxury Collection Hotel||1, Residency Rd, Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560025||080 2211 9898|
|Golden Lotus Boutique Suites||149, Richmond Road, Rathna Avenue, Craig Park Layout, Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560025||091486 50149|
|Eagleton The Golf Resort||Off Bangalore – Mysore Highway, Shyanamangala Cross, Bidadi, Bengaluru, Karnataka 562109||080 2263 2222|
|Vivanta Bengaluru||66, Residency Rd, Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560025||080 666 04545|