Indore, Madhya Pradesh’s cultural and industrial center, will enchant you with its friendly and inviting people, bustling bazaars, and distinct gastronomic delights. The city has a glorious history and flawlessly blends contemporary and traditional elements to create its own vivid and distinct personality. Indore is one of the finest locations because of its gorgeous architecture, captivating animals, scenic vistas, and lively culture. With a plethora of attractions to see in Indore, this location draws all types of travelers who want to immerse themselves in the local culture.
Table of Contents
- Why travel from Omkareshwar to Indore?
- Traveling from Omkareshwar to Indore by car
- Best Time To Visit
- Popular Routes from Omkareshwar to Indore
- Omkareshwar to Indore Best Route
- How to Reach Indore By Train
- How to Reach Indore By Flight
- Attractions in Indore for Sightseeing
- Savaari Recommends – Popular Places to Eat in Indore
- Hotels and resorts – Accommodation in Indore
Why travel from Omkareshwar to Indore?
Indore, nestled on the banks of the rivers Khan and Sarawati, is famous for its architectural splendour in the form of monuments, palaces, and forts. When you take a road trip from Omkareshwar to Indore, you can enhance your experience by enjoying everything that lies on the way. With Savaari car rentals, you can turn your drive into a fun-filled journey and also customize the trip to your liking, travel time, and budget.
Traveling from Omkareshwar to Indore by car
The road between Omkareshwar and Indore explores the fine balance of Madhya Pradesh’s natural landscape. With rugged mountains and arid plateaus on one side, and fertile river plains and dense forests on the other, this route is full of interesting stopovers and adventurous spots. The winding route passes through hilly terrains, sleepy old towns and the heart of the Deccan Plateau. Along the way, you will cross some interesting places like Barwaha, Umariya and Simrol, depending on the route you take. With our completely customizable Omkareshwar to Indore trip packages, you can stop at interesting tourist and nature locales en route.
Best time to visit
Located on the Malwa plateau, Indore is blessed with pleasant weather almost all year round. The best months to visit Indore are from October through March. July and September are also good to visit since the weather cools down owing to rains. However, showers may disrupt your sightseeing and transport plans. Summers should be avoided owing to the extreme heat.
Popular Routes from Omkareshwar to Indore
Route 1: Distance and time taken from Omkareshwar to Indore via Khandwa Road/Khandwa-Indore Road
This is the shortest, fastest, and the most convenient route to cover the Omkareshwar to Indore by road distance. Most tourists and weekend travelers use this route, since the Omkareshwar to Indore traffic is also not heavy on this highway. On this route, the distance is approximately 80 KM and takes about two and half hours to travel. Before you travel, always check for traffic updates and use live maps to get the real-time information on the road condition.
Here’s a basic road map for Omkareshwar to Indore on this route:
|Omkareshwar — Mortakka — Barwaha — Chichala — Padhaniya — Choral — Baigram — Indore|
Popular sights/monuments that you will encounter along this route:
- Narmada View Point, Mortakka – A popular viewing point and picnic spot overlooking the Narmada River, good for a relaxing break.
- Tincha Waterfall, Berchha – A popular waterfall of the region, fed by rains, surrounded by forested areas and overlooks the Tincha River, good for picnics and day treks.
- Tafri Waterfall, Vindhyachal, Bheru Ghat, SH27 – An unrecognized waterwall by the highway with sparkling ponds and rocky hills, hidden inside a wooded area, good for early morning views and afternoon treks.
- Kajligarh Fort, SH27 – The site of an old ruined fort offering panoramic views of the surrounding hills, bluffs, and valleys, and a sparkling waterfall, good for short treks.
- Simrol Fall, Simrol – A roadside waterfall with scenic views of rugged hills and surrounding plateau areas, good for a quick tour or tea break
Places to eat along this route:
- Panchwati Restaurant, Barwaha – Casual local diner serving vegetarian meals and snacks, good for groups, families and kids.
- Princeraj Dhaba, Umariya – Typical roadside open-air eatery serving a standard dhaba-style menu, good for late nights and big groups.
- Balraj Retreat, Gavhalu – An expansive food complex with multi cuisine meals, snacks, beverages, and confections, good for big groups, families and kids.
- Mohit Family Restaurant, Simrol – Standard highway side eatery serving lunch and dinner in a casual setting, good for groups.
Omkareshwar to Indore Road Condition via route 1:
The road conditions from Omkareshwar to Indore on the route via Khandwa Road are excellent. It is the fastest route with light traffic, despite some tolls on the way, but there are no road closures.
Omkareshwar to Indore Best Route
Only the above route is present for travelling from Omkareshwar to Indore by road.
Other means of traveling from Omkareshwar to Indore
You can also travel from Omkareshwar to Indore by train. The nearest railway station in Omkareshwar is in Mortakka, about 12 KM away. There are 8 weekly trains from Omkareshwar to Indore. You can also hire a car rental in Omkareshwar to reach your Omkareshwar.
The fastest train is MHOW KHANDWA PASSENGER (52963), which takes two hours and 10 minutes to reach Indore. For all Omkareshwar to Indore train bookings, you can visit the Indian Railways website or check with any online travel portal. For the most updated Omkareshwar to Indore train timings, always check the latest timetables of IRCTC, before booking.
There is no flight connectivity between Omkareshwar to Indore. The nearest airport is in Indore at Devi Ahilyabai Holkar Airport (IDR). So, the only way to travel from Omkareshwar to Indore is by road or railway. You can book a cab in Omkareshwar to reach Omkareshwar.
Explore Indore Like a Local: A Handy Guide
Indore provides great experiences to people with varied interests including general tourists, history lovers, art lovers, and people on spiritual trips. The popular attractions in Indore are Rajwada, Chattri Bagh, Kanch Mandir, Lalbagh Palace, Bada Ganpati, etc.
Therefore for a holistic Indore tour, we can help you with a guide to its landmark sites. Hence, with our tips and ideas, you can make your Indore trip memorable.
Attractions in Indore for Sightseeing
Charming and imposing at the same time, Indore is rich in history and heritage, while being one of the beautiful cities of India. There’s, in fact, everything from art and culture to nature and wildlife, fulfilling every traveler’s need.
- Visit Indore’s most popular monument, the ‘Rajwada,’ which is the royal palace of the Holkars, erected about two centuries ago and located in the city center.
- The ‘Lal Baag Palace’, another major attraction in the city, is one of the most stunning buildings in Indore and should not be missed during your stay. Maharaja Shivaji Rao Holkar constructed the building on the banks of the Khan River.
- Make time to explore Kanch Mandir, which was built completely of glass and mirrors by the “Cotton King,” Sir Hukamchand Seth, a Jain leader in the early twentieth century.
- Visit Sarafa and Chapan markets to sample a wide range of salty snacks popular among Indore residents, such as poha-jalebi, daal-baati, and Sabudana Khichdi.
- Go shopping in Sitlamata Bazaar, which is known for its Maheshwari and Chanderi Saris.
- Visit Indore’s famed Chattris (cenotaphs or battle memorials) constructed in honour of the Holkar monarchs.
- Pay a visit to the Bada Ganapati, Khajrana, Gomatgiri, and Indreshwar temples, which are among the most famous religious sites in Indore.
- Spend an evening seeing a classical musical event at Indore’s Gandhi Hall.
- And lastly, don’t leave without exploring the city’s food trails and sample the famous local cuisine.
Hire a car rental in Indore to visit these major tourist places.
Savaari recommends – Popular places to eat in Indore
Indore is a foodie’s dream, with everything to satisfy your needs, especially the desire for tangy, crispy, and salty snacks like Poha Jalebi, Sabudana Khichdi, Sev puri, and more. Furthermore, the city provides a plethora of Indian cuisines at numerous eating joints at Sarafa Market and Chapan Market. Indore’s most popular sweets include gajak, gulab jamun, and rabri.
Therefore, explore these popular places in town, serving contrasting flavors.
- Nafees Restaurant – Apollo Avenue, Greater Kailash Road.
- Shree Chotiwala Restaurant – 8 B Raunak Plaza, South Tukoganj.
- Little Italy Restaurant – Brilliant Convention Center
- Sarafa Night Food Market – Yashoda Mata Mandir Rd.
- Pind Balluchi – RH 13, Scheme Number 54
Book a cab in Indore to visit these major eateries.
Hotels and resorts – Accommodation in Indore
|Hotel Name||Address||Phone Number|
|Ginger Indore||AB Rd, near Shaniwar Darpan, Choti Khajrani, Indore, Madhya Pradesh 452008||07316663333|
|Treebo Trend Holiday||C21 Mall, Plot No.57, PU-4,Sch No.54, behind AB Road, Indore, Madhya Pradesh 452016||09322800100|
|Effotel by Sayaji Indore||Plot No. 10, C/ C.A, Scheme No:94, Sec C, Scheme 94 Sector CA, Indore, Madhya Pradesh 452010||07314740000|
|Playotel Premier Vijay Nagar, Indore||C-92, Vasant Vihar, Vijay Nagar, Indore, Madhya Pradesh 452010||07529998998|
|Cosmopolitan Hotel Indore||Gate No-1, Beside GRP Police Station,Railway Station, Opposite Yashwant Plaza , Downtown Indore, Indore, Madhya Pradesh 452001||09893028637|
Download our Savaari car booking app for a smooth and pleasant journey.