A trip from Mussoorie to Dehradun is certainly a great option for a weekend getaway. Dehradun is amongst the most happening places in Uttarakhand. The city’s young and lively vibe welcomes all its visitors with its arms wide open. However, there is a lot more to Dehradun than just the quaint, beautiful cafés.
Why travel from Mussoorie to Dehradun?
Dehradun is located near the Himalayan foothills about 2 hours south of Mussoorie, a trip from Mussoorie to Dehradun is one of the closest weekend getaways in Uttarakhand. With a long list of places to explore in Dehradun, this ready-made guide from Savaari will take you through a gorgeous route that has breathtaking monuments, hidden gems and eateries, so you take home only the best experience. With a Savaari cab from Mussoorie to Dehradun, you can have a drive that suits your itinerary, budget, travel interests and goals. Let us help you plan a memorable journey from Mussoorie to Dehradun with all the necessary details and information about the road and the destination that lies ahead.
Traveling from Mussoorie to Dehradun by Car
The distance between Mussoorie to Dehradun by car is around 33 kilometers, taking approximately an hour and a half to reach. A road trip from Mussoorie to Dehradun is nothing short of fascinating. Serpentine roads dotted with pine trees and small wooden cottages on either side are sure to keep you mesmerised throughout the road trip. Given how beautiful the entire state of Uttarakhand is, we suggest you keep those cameras ready. When you book a car rental from Mussoorie to Dehradun, you get the benefits of a completely customizable trip package, where you can stop by any of these places for a quick sightseeing tour, travel breaks, or just to capture stunning photos.
Best time to Take a Road trip from Mussoorie to Dehradun by Car
The best time to take a road trip from Mussoorie to Dehradun by car can be anytime during the year. Lying on the foothills of the great Himalayas, Dehradun is a soothing retreat. However, the best time to visit Dehradun by car is during the summer season (April-June) when the weather is quite pleasant for a road trip. The winter months hold a different charm in Dehradun when the city turns into a white wonderland of snow. Those looking to enjoy snow in Dehradun can travel between November and January.
Route 1: Mussoorie to Dehradun distance via Mussoorie Rd
The distance between Mussoorie to Dehradun is about 38 kms and can be covered in 1 hour 15 minutes by this route. Always check for real-time traffic updates and follow live maps for instant information on Delhi to Mussoorie road conditions.
Here’s a classic road map for the distance between Mussoorie to Dehradun:
Popular Places along the way:
- Bhatta Falls: Bhatta Falls is a less crowded waterfall en route to Dehradun and a great picnic spot with beautiful photo opportunities. Visitors can easily miss this attraction on their way to Dehradun since it is not visible from the main highway. Shutterbugs will love this place for the splendid picturesque natural surroundings and children will be particularly happy with the pristine water.
- Malsi Reserve Forest (Malsi Deer Park): En-route from Mussoorie to Dehradun, Malsi Reserve forest is a favourite pit stop for travellers. The Malsi Deer Park which is home to two-horned deer, Neelgai, and also a wide array of birds is located amid the Malsi Reserve forest. The park has several additional attractions for kids to encourage playing and learning simultaneously.
- Gucchupani: Gucchu Pani also known as Robbers Cave is located about 8 km from the Dehradun Clock Tower. A short bus trip followed by a brief trek is required to reach Gucchupani. A natural cave with beautifully designed amazing interiors is the right picnic spot if you enjoy the real natural habitat.
Places to eat along the way:
- Cafe Stanrose – Enjoy a cup of hot chai with a great view.
- Jadwan Maggi Point – Stop here for a steaming bowl of Maggi.
- First Gear Cafe – Perched on a cliff on Mussoorie Road, this cafe offers the best view on this stretch and great food.
- Plow Bistro (Malsi, Dehradun) – This rustic, Greek-style cafe and restaurant serves continental cuisine post 12:30 pm.
Mussoorie to Dehradun road conditions Via Mussoorie Rd
The road condition from Mussoorie to Dehradun via Mussoorie Road is good and extremely scenic. It is the fastest and the only route to travel to Dehradun from Mussoorie.
Other means of traveling from Mussoorie to Dehradun
How to Reach Dehradun By Train
One cannot travel from Mussoorie to Dehradun by train, the reason being, the nearest railway station is Dehradun itself. Therefore, you can travel to Dehradun from Mussoorie only by road.
How to Reach Dehradun By Flight
Traveling from Mussoorie to Dehradun by flight is a redundant option. There are no direct flights in India that can help you travel from Mussoorie to Dehradun airport due to the fact that the closest airport to Mussoorie is Jolly Grant which is in Dehradun itself.
Attractions in Dehradun for Sightseeing
Popular tourist attractions in Dehradun include religious places, viewpoints and a plethora of other interesting places to explore. Being close to one of India’s largest national parks, Rajaji National Park in Dehradun is an excellent destination to indulge in wildlife tours.
With quite a number of temples dotting Dehradun, a spiritual tour on your holiday is a must. Devotees can visit temples like Tapkeshwar, Daat Kali, and Santa Devi Temple and also seek blessings at the Buddha Temple in the Clement Town area.
Those wishing to be closer to nature can spend time at places such as Gucchu Paani (Robbers’ Cave), Sahastradhara Falls, Malsi Deer Park, and Lachhiwala Forest Research Institute.
Lastly, admire the Clock Tower and shop your heart out at the local market.
Savaari Recommends: Popular Places to Eat in Dehradun
- North Indian – Punjab Restaurant, Punjab Grill, Black Pepper, BMG, Pavilion Restaurant
- Italian – Y Cafe, Mussoorie Lights, The Terrace
- Continental – Town Table Restaurant, Muse Restaurant, The Taveran, Prez Restaurant
- Multi-cuisine – Unplugged
- Chinese – Kalsang Friends Corner, Flavours
Hotels and Resorts – Accommodation in Dehradun
|Hotel Name||Address||Phone Number|
|Four Points by Sheraton||152, 4, Rajpur Rd, Jakhan, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248001||0135 660 3300|
|Hotel Sand Stone||Haridwar Bypass, ISBT, Near, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248001||074099 99992|
|Old British House||217 Rajpur Road Lane Opp. Hotel Royal Inn, near GRD Academy, Uttarakhand 248009||081716 15791|
|Lemon Tree Hotel||Ground Floor Pacific Mall, Rajpur Rd, near Bajaj Institute of Learning, Jakhan, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248006||0135 273 7777|
|Hotel Boulevard||59/3 D, Rajpur Rd, Dobhalwala, Chukkuwala, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248001||0135 297 0530|
Download our Savaari car booking app for a smooth and pleasant journey.