Also called the City of Lakes or Venice of the East, Udaipur is one of the most charming places in western Rajasthan with historic structures and beautiful lakes. The city is one of the prominent lands of the royals in Rajasthan. The city’s legacy of 1000 years is stored in its palaces, mansions, and forts.
Table of Contents
- Why travel from Mount Abu to Udaipur?
- Travelling from Mount Abu to Udaipur by car
- Best Time To Visit
- Popular Routes from Mount Abu to Udaipur
- Mount Abu to Udaipur Best Route
- How to Reach Udaipur By Train
- How to Reach Udaipur By Flight
- Attractions in Udaipur for Sightseeing
- Savaari Recommends – Popular Places to Eat in Udaipur
- Hotels and Resorts in Udaipur
Why travel from Mount Abu to Udaipur?
The city of Udaipur was founded by Maharana Udai Singh II, in 1559, after whom the city was named. It was in the fertile Girwa Valley by the Banas River, where the Rajput king set up the new capital of the Mewar kingdom. When you take a road trip from Mount Abu to Udaipur, you can enhance your experience by enjoying everything that lies on the way. With a Savaari, you can turn your drive into a fun-filled journey and also customize the trip to your liking, travel time, and budget.
Traveling from Mount Abu to Udaipur by Car
The road from Mount Abu to Udaipur lets you slowly escape the hill town of Mount Abu and enter into a royal, modern city of Udaipur. The route passes through suburbs and small towns of Gujarat and Rajasthan before entering Udaipur. With our completely customizable Mount Abu to Udaipur trip packages, you can stop at any of these places and do a quick sightseeing. Let us help you discover the best routes to travel from Mount Abu to Udaipur by car.
Best Time to Visit
Being in the southern corner of the state, Udaipur is relatively cooler than the rest of Rajasthan. However, the summer months are still harsh. November to February is the most popular time to travel to Udaipur by road. This period is the best if you want to explore the outdoors. You can also visit right after the monsoon months when you can catch a bit of greenery in the environment.
Popular Routes from Mount Abu to Udaipur
Route: Distance and Time Taken from Mount Abu to Udaipur via NH27
This is the shortest, best and the only route to travel from Mount Abu to Udaipur. Despite tolls, this is the fastest route because the Mount Abu to Udaipur traffic on this route is regular and you can avoid road closures. The distance between Mount Abu to Udaipur on this route is somewhere around 160 KM and takes roughly 3 hours. Always check live maps and instant traffic updates for the latest information on the road conditions from Mount Abu to Udaipur.
Here’s the basic route map from Mount Abu to Udaipur –
|Mount Abu — Pandoori — Swaroopganj — Cheeniya Band — Devla — Kachhwa — Iswal — Sukher — Udaipur|
Popular sights/monuments that you will encounter along this route:
- Camel Rock, Abu Road, Talahati – A huge expanse of rocky hills shaped like the hump of a camel, and a local hotspot for day treks and views.
- West Banas Dam, Banas – A huge local dam with a catchment area, filled by the tributaries of the Aburaj River, good for a refreshing break.
- Sunset Point, Kundal – A viewing point on a rocky terrain, known for uninterrupted, scenic views of sunsets.
- Monsoon View Point, Bhar Kunda – A locally popular viewing point atop a hilly area, overlooking the highway on one side and hill forests on the other, good for photo ops.
- Pratap Gaurav Kendra, Udaipur – A historical site and museum outside the city limits, preserving data and memorabilia about Maharana Pratap and information on the historical heritage of Udaipur with the help of modern technology.
Places to eat along this route:
- BS Green Family Restaurant, Talahati – Local family diner serving meal platters, and multi-cuisine vegetarian food in a casual setting.
- Satyam Fast Food and Juice Corner – Casual eatery serving fast food, mini-meals and beverages, good for quick stops.
- Om Bhojnalaya, Swaroopganj – Standard family restaurant serving local vegetarian meals, snacks, and confections, good for groups and kids.
- Mewar Restaurant, Iswal – Casual highway side diner serving vegetarian snacks, meals, and beverages, good for quick stops, big groups, and late nights.
Mount Abu to Udaipur Road Condition via NH27:
This is the fastest and the only route to travel from Mount Abu to Udaipur and is used by most travelers. This route has standard highway tolls and the road conditions are excellent since there are no road closures.
Other means of traveling from Mount Abu to Udaipur
There is no railway station in Mount Abu. The nearest railway station to Mount Abu is Abu Road Station, about 53 KM away. But there is no direct train from Mount Abu to Udaipur. So, the only way to reach Mount Abu to Udaipur is by road. You can book a cab from Mount Abu to reach Udaipur with ease.
However, there are plenty of trains from other major cities and towns in Rajasthan. For all train booking, you can visit any online travel portal or check the Indian Railways website to get the best deals. For the latest and most accurate information on Udaipur train timings, always check the timetables of IRCTC before you book.
There is no flight connectivity between Mount Abu to Udaipur. The nearest airport is in Udaipur. The best and the only way to travel to Mount Abu to Udaipur is to book a cab or car rental in Mount Abu.
Attractions in Udaipur for Sightseeing
Udaipur is a city steeped in history, art, and architecture, and many natural and man-made wonders.
- City Palace – a 16th-century palace complex housing palaces of 11 former rulers of Udaipur.
- Lake Pichola – the biggest freshwater lake with islands offering boat rides.
- Saheliyon Ki Bari – a landscaped public garden with ponds, fountains, and marble sculptures.
- Jagmandir Palace Hotel – a 17th-century island palace now turned into a luxury resort and a popular attraction.
- Vintage Car Museum – local museum preserving rare vintage cars.
- Monsoon Palace – a white marble palace, sitting atop a hill.
Savaari Recommends – Popular Places to Eat in Udaipur
Udaipur is a town that’s known for its beauty and rich cultural heritage. Like all other cities of Rajasthan, Udaipur also has a food heritage that is very much in sync with its royal past, while also offering great variety.
These are some of the best-rated places to eat in Udaipur –
- Jaajam Restaurant, Lake Palace Rd, opposite Rangnivas palace
- Millets of Mewar, Sajjangarh Monsoon Palace, 25, Sajjan vihar, near biological park
- Udaipur View Restaurant, 18- F near fateh sagar lake Hotel kalika palace rooftop, opp. hotel Hilltop Ambavgahr
- Neelam Restaurant, 18, Gangaur Ghat Marg, above Indusind Bank ATM, Old City, Silawatwari
- 1559 AD, Near, P P Singhal Marg, Fateh Sagar Lake
Hotels and Resorts in Udaipur
|Place Name||Address||Phone Number|
|Jagatniwas Palace Hotel||23, 25, Lal Ghat Road, behind Jagdish Temple, Old City, Udaipur, Rajasthan 313001||070730 00378|
|Bhairavgarh Resort & Spa||Maharana Pratap Khel Gaon, 200 ft Road, Opposite R.T.O Chitrakoot Nagar, Bhuwana, Udaipur, Rajasthan 313001||073400 47479|
|The LaLiT Laxmi Vilas Palace Udaipur||Fateh Sagar Rd, Near Zinc, Fateh Sagar Lake, Udaipur, Rajasthan 313004||0294 661 7777|
|Aurika, Udaipur – Luxury by Lemon Tree Hotels||01, Kala Rohi, Rani Rd, Udaipur, Rajasthan 313001||0294 714 0000|
|TatSaraasa Resort and Spa||Sony Ji ki Bari, adjoining The Leela, Outside Chandpole, Udaipur, Rajasthan 313001||086961 33666|
Nearby Road Trips from Udaipur
|Udaipur to Chittorgarh||120 km||2 hours|
|Udaipur to Mount Abu||165 km||3 hours|
|Udaipur to Ajmer||265 km||5 hours|
|Udaipur to Jodhpur||250 km||5 hours|
|Udaipur to Pushkar||280 km||5 hours|
|Udaipur to Ahmedabad||266 km||5 hours|
|Udaipur to Delhi||609 km||11 hours|
Download our Savaari car Booking app for a smooth and pleasant journey