Delhi is a dream. It is everything at once – chaotic, serene, beautiful, and grand. From the rich history to the vibrant thriving urban life, there is nothing that Delhi cannot afford. There is something for every kind of traveller here. Whether you are a history buff, foodie, shopaholic, night owl, Delhi will spoil you with the choices.
With our customizable trip plans and itineraries, you can do more than just a regular road trip from Lucknow to Delhi, and enjoy a comfortable ride, while making your journey interesting at the same time
Table of Contents
Why travel from Lucknow to Delhi?
By driving from Lucknow to Delhi, you can explore the historical sites, traditional and modern culture, and scenic surroundings of the city. And by booking a cab with Savaari, you also get the chance to customize your whole trip, including the itinerary, so you can make it an incredible travel experience!
Travelling from Lucknow to Delhi by Car
From the ancient town to the capital city, the road from Lucknow to Delhi is dotted with several nature hotspots, historical monuments, interesting viewing points, and more. Hence, a road trip from Lucknow to Delhi is one of the best ways to travel between these two destinations. With our completely customizable Lucknow to Delhi trip packages, you can stop at any of these places and do quick sightseeing. Let us help you discover the best routes so you can plan an exciting trip from Lucknow to Delhi by road.
Best time to take a road trip from Lucknow to Delhi by car
November to March is the best time to visit Lucknow to Delhi by car. The weather is pleasant around this time of the year. Avoid travelling in summers because Delhi tends to get extremely hot from April to September. The ruthless heat and unbearably hot temperatures are best avoided, for Delhi is a place that deserves all of your time and certainly all of your attention. Let us help you discover some routes which can take you to Delhi from Lucknow and back, and also help you discover popular places along the way.
Popular Routes from Lucknow to Delhi
Route: Lucknow to Delhi via Taj Express Highway
The Lucknow to Delhi distance is approximately 535 KM and takes nearly 7 hours and 30 minutes to travel. You can most probably expect regular Lucknow to Delhi traffic, but certainly no severe congestion. Before you travel, always check for traffic updates and use live maps to get real-time information on Lucknow to Delhi road conditions.
Here’s a basic Lucknow to Delhi road map for this route:
|Lucknow -> Agra -> Mathura-> Vrindavan-> Faridabad-> Noida-> Delhi
Popular sights/monuments that you will encounter along this route:
- Taj Mahal, Agra – Probably the biggest highlight of your road trip, Taj Mahal is one of the world’s seven wonders. Hence is it absolutely necessary to stop here and admire the gorgeous monument adorning the land of Agra.
- Kusum Sarovar, Mathura – Visit Kusum Sarovar for the evening aarti. This is quite a famous attraction among photography buffs.
- ISKCON Temple, Vrindavan – One of the most beautiful temples in Vrindavan, Hare Rama Hare Krishna temple is a place to experience peace and tranquility in the midst of a chaotic city.
- Keshi Ghat, Vrindavan – Watch the most beautiful sunset at Keshi Ghat which is situated on the banks of the River Yamuna.
- Forts of Pawai, Mali and Chandangarh – Belonging to the migrants from Rajasthan during the medieval period, the forts of Pawai are the major attractions for archaeology and photography buffs.
- Raja Nahar Singh Palace – About 15 km before South Delhi, Raja Nahar Singh Palace is an enormous palace with huge arches, beautifully embellished rooms and magnificent courtyards.
- Badkhal Lake, Faridabad – The lake is nestled in the Aravalli Hills, and therefore, should be visited for the scenic beauty it is surrounded with.
Places to eat along this route:
- Radha Rani Tea Stall – The best masala tea on the highway. They’re known to add a particularly lavish amount of spices to their tea.
- Express Plaza – A clean, well-maintained food court. Ideal for a short break to stock up on snacks and water bottles.
- Magic Food Zone – Craving something sweet? They serve the best moong dal barfi.
- Hie Five Dhaba – The palak paneer and lachha paratha here are a must-try.
- Slice of Italy – Open from 10 am till the late hours of the night, Slice of Italy is a famous highway stop that takes care of your pizza cravings.
- Highway Masala – Stop here for breakfast. Chole Bhature and Masala Chai are their signature dishes.
Lucknow to Delhi Road Condition Via Taj Express Highway
This is the shortest, fastest, and most convenient route to cover Lucknow to Delhi by road distance. It is one of the best expressways in the country with excellent road conditions! Most tourists and frequent travellers use this route since the traffic is also not heavy on this highway.
Other means of traveling from Lucknow to Delhi
You can also travel from Lucknow to Delhi by train or flight.