Table of Contents
- Why travel from Hyderabad to Tirupati?
- Traveling from Hyderabad to Tirupati?
- Best time to take a road trip by car
- How to Reach Tirupati By Train
- How to Reach Tirupati By Flight
- Attractions in Tirupati for Sightseeing
- Savaari recommends – Popular places to eat in Tirupati
- Hotels and resorts – Accommodation in Tirupati
Why travel from Hyderabad to Tirupati?
Hyderabad, the City of Nizams and the capital city of the state of Telangana, is known for its rich history of Qutub Shahis, Nizams, and Mughals. It is also listed as a Beta World City in 2010 by the Globalization and World Cities Research Network. It is located perfectly to offer easy access to some amazing travel destinations. Tirupati is a popular religious destination for Hindus in India. It also offers a calm and picturesque landscape soothing your mind and soul.
Savaari offers chauffeur-driven cab services from Hyderabad to Tirupati as per your requirements. Traveling through the mountains is always a memorable experience and with Savaari, you can experience the joy of traveling with an itinerary as per your liking.
Traveling from Hyderabad to Tirupati by car
There are various routes to travel from Hyderabad to Tirupati by car. First, you need to consider your location in Hyderabad and choose a route that is best suited to you. Cutting through city traffic can take a lot of time and drain you of your energy. It is important to check the status of the roads via online forums before planning a road trip to Tirupati from Hyderabad. When you book a Hyderabad to Tirupati trip package with us, you are assured of experiencing a trip as per your liking.
Let us help you discover some of the best routes so that your trip from Hyderabad to Tirupati by road is memorable!
Best time to take a road trip from Hyderabad to Tirupati by car
Winters are the best time to take a road trip from Hyderabad to Tirupati by car. From November to February, temperatures usually range between 18 and 32 degrees Celsius. The weather is very pleasant making it ideal for visiting the city. The post-monsoon months of September and October are relatively cool too. Summers are very hot and humid and we recommend you to avoid traveling to Tirupati from March to May. Also, while the monsoon months of June, July, and August offer respite from the heat, heavy rains can disrupt infrastructure.
Route 1: Hyderabad to Tirupati via NH44
Hyderabad to Tirupati Distance via NH44
If you are traveling by car, then this is the best route to cover the Hyderabad to Tirupati distance of around 560 km. Before you plan your trip, remember that Hyderabad is prone to heavy traffic during specific hours of the day/week. Hence, it is important to check for live traffic updates and schedule your trip accordingly. With regular traffic, this trip should not take more than 11 hours.
Hyderabad to Tirupati Road Conditions via NH44
This is the most recommended route to Tirupati from Hyderabad by road. It is is the shortest and fastest way to cover the Hyderabad to Tirupati distance. This is also the primary route suggested by GPS and live maps. This route has tolls but most travelers prefer it because of the lighter Hyderabad to Tirupati traffic which makes it better to drive.
Here’s a basic Hyderabad to Tirupati road map for this route:
|Hyderabad — Jadcherla — Kurnool — Battuluru — Chagalamarri – Kadapa – Koduru – Tirupati|
Popular places along the way:
- ·Sri Kodandarama Swamy Temple, Vontimitta – Located at a distance of around 400+ km from Hyderabad, the temple is dedicated to Lord Rama and has been constructed in the Vijayanagara architecture style.
- Cheyyeru River, Gundlur – Take a quick break by the Cheyyeru River and soak in the mesmerizing views of the surroundings.
- ·Annamacharya Statue, Boyanapalli – This is a 108-feet or 10-storey tall statue of Tallapaka Annamacharya, a 15th Century Hindu saint and the first known composer of Carnatic music.
- The Forest Area, Koduru – Once you cross the Koduru Railway Station, you will be engulfed by green forest till Tirupati.
Places to eat on this route:
Here is a list of places you can eat while traveling from Hyderabad to Tirupati.
- Sandarshini Udupi Pure Veg Restaurant, Chilkamarri – a great place for vegetarian food
- Hotel Green Ashiana, Jadcherla – a good place for quick biryani
- 7 Rivers Restaurant Amusement Park, Kurnool – for some lip-smacking Indian dishes
- SKR Dhaba, Kurnool – a must-visit for dhaba-style food
Route 2: Hyderabad to Tirupati via NH16
Hyderabad to Tirupati Distance via NH16
There is an alternative route to reach Tirupati from Hyderabad as mentioned below. The total distance increases to around 590 km and it takes over 11 hours for the journey.
Hyderabad to Tirupati Road Conditions via NH16
This route is a little longer than route 1, but is more scenic and can add to your road trip adventures. There might be some occasional road work or weekend Hyderabad to tirupati traffic on the highway on this route. That’s why, you should always follow real-time maps and live traffic updates for the best travel/driving experience.
|Hyderabad — Rampally — Wadapally — Elchuru — Ongole — Kavali – Nellore – Tirupati|
Popular places along the way:
- Sivalayam, Vipperla – Located at a distance of around 230 km from Hyderabad, Sivalayam is a Hindu Temple set against the backdrop of the beautiful Vipperla pond.
- ·Singarakonda Temple, Addanki North U – Located at a distance of around 281 km from Hyderabad, the Singarakonda Temple is dedicated to Lord Hanuman. Singarakonda is a holy village situated on the banks of the River Bhavanasi.
- Sri Valluramma Ammavari Devasthanam, Ongole – Located at a distance of around 336 km from Hyderabad, the Sri Valluramma Ammavari Devasthanam is a Shakthi temple located at Valluru in Ongole.
- Srikalahasti Temple, Srikalahasti – Around 37 km before reaching Tirupati, you can take a small detour to visit the Srikalahasti Temple. Famous for its Vayu Linga, this is one of the most popular temples of Lord Shiva in South India.
Places to eat on this route:
While traveling from Hyderabad to Tirupati, you will find numerous dhabas and restaurants offering lip-smacking food. Some options are:
- Hotel VIDIDHI Restaurant & Lodge, Madgulapally – a great place for Indian dishes
- S R Food Plaza, Nalgonda – a must-visit place for authentic dhaba food
- Hotel Yadadri Family Dhaba, Nalgonda – for some lip-smacking Indian dishes
- Kubera Family Restaurant, Thimmanapalem – a must-visit for Indian food
Hyderabad to Tirupati Best Route
While you can take any of the two routes, we recommend Route 1 Via NH 44. The road conditions are excellent and the time taken is less. However, it is advisable to check live traffic updates before leaving for your trip.
Other means of traveling from Hyderabad to Tirupati
You can also travel from Hyderabad to Tirupati by train or flight.
How to Reach Tirupati By Train
You can travel from Hyderabad to Tirupati by train. There are 34 trains that ply between Hyderabad and Tirupati, of which 12 trains ply daily. You can visit the Indian Railways website for your Hyderabad to Tirupati train bookings, or choose your options from the multiple online portals.
The fastest train is the Kacheguda – Chengalpattu Covid – 19 Special (PT). The total time taken from Hyderabad to Tirupati can vary between 10.5 to 15.5 hours, depending upon the train you choose. Therefore, for the updated Hyderabad to Tirupati train timings, check with IRCTC for their latest timetables.
How to Reach Tirupati By Flight
There are 22 flights between Hyderabad and Tirupati. Tirupati Airport is located in Renigunta which is about 15 km from the city center.
Hyderabad to Tirupati flight tickets can be booked online from the website of the airline or any third-party portals. A Hyderabad to Tirupati flight ticket can cost you between INR 2000 and INR 14000, which will also depend on the booking window, available deals, and the travel season. You can book a Tirupati airport taxi for a hassle-free journey to your hotel in the city.
Explore Tirupati Like a Local: A Handy Guide
Tirupati is a holy city that attracts thousands of religious pilgrims and travelers from around the globe. The Pride of Tirupati, Lord Venkateswara Temple sits high in the Tirumala Hills. It is also home to a pre-Jurassic stone arch that is one of the three in the world. Here are some tips and suggestions to help you make the most of your trip to Tirupati.
Attractions in Tirupati for Sightseeing
Here are some places in Tirupati that you must consider visiting:
- · Sri Venkateswara Swamy Temple
- · Sri Govindaraja Swamy Temple
- · Srivari Padala Mandapam
- · Sri Padmavathi Ammavari Temple
- · Sri Kapliswaraswamy Temple
- · Srikalahasti Temple
- · Sri Venkateswara National Park
- · Deer Park
- · Talakona Waterfalls
- · Akasaganga Theertham
- · TTD Gardens
- · Silathoranam
- · Papavinasanam Dam
- · Srivari Museum
- · Chandragiri
Savaari recommends – Popular places to eat in Tirupati
Here are some food items and the best places to eat them in Tirupati:
- Hotel Dwaraka, Opp. RTC Bus Station – Chepala Pulusu and steam rice with podu and rasam
- Minerva Coffee Shop, Renigunta Road – Dosa and Uttapam
- Andhra Spice, AIR Bypass Road – different types of biryani
- Chillies, AIR Bypass Road – Tandoori chicken and chicken biryani
- Table 9, Tata Nagar – Kheema Paratha
- Saarangi Restaurant, Narayanagiri Road – Aloo Paratha and Butter Kulcha
- Manasa Fast Food, Tata Nagar – Fast food
- Spicy Paradise, TP Area – all biryanis
- Pai Viceroy, Tirumala Bypass Road – Breakfast buffet
- The Hangout, AIR Bypass Road – Ice creams and cakes
- DeForest Restaurant, M.R.Pally circle – Masala Omelette and Chicken Drumsticks
- Reddamma Mess, Balaji Colony – Mutton Brain Masala and Chicken fry
- Tabun An Arabic, Revenue Colony – Fish Mandi
Hotels and resorts – Accommodation in Tirupati
|Fortune Select Grand Ridge-Member ITC Hotel Group||Tiruchanoor Rd, Korramenugunta, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh 517501|
|Marasa Sarovar Premiere||12th Cross, Karakambadi Rd, near AGS Company, Upadhyaya Nagar, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh 517507|
|Kences Hotel (Opp APSRTC Bus Stand)||Tirupati Rd, opposite Apsrtc Bus station, Tata Nagar, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh 517501|
|Hotel Mount View Comforts||Tiruchanoor Rd, Korramenugunta, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh 517501|
|Hotel Suprabath Towers||13-6-600/44/157A, Tirumala Bye-Pass Arch Road, Opp Srinivasam Complex, Peddakapu Colony, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh 517501|
Download our savaari car rental app for a smooth and pleasant journey.