Bangalore – a city that was once recognized by its tech industry, is now a colorful collage of cultures and businesses, making the Silicon Valley of India the most vibrant metro city of the south. An IT hub, Bangalore is one of the poster cities for urban India.
Table of Contents
- Why Travel from Hampi to Bangalore
- Traveling from Hampi to Bangalore by car
- Best time to visit
- Popular Routes from Hampi to Bangalore
- Hampi to Bangalore Best Route
- How to Reach Bangalore By Train
- How to Reach Bangalore By Flight
- Attractions in Bangalore for Sightseeing
- Savaari Recommends – Popular Places to Eat in Bangalore
- Hotels and resorts – Accommodation in Bangalore
Why travel from Hampi to Bangalore?
Bangalore, now Bengaluru is famously known as the Garden City of India. A city that was once recognized by its tech industry, is now a colorful collage of cultures and businesses, making the Silicon Valley of India the most vibrant metro city in the south. An IT hub, Bangalore is one of the poster cities for urban India.
Bangalore is vibrant and has much to offer including gardens, temples, monuments, museums, pubs and great nightlife. When you take a road trip from Hampi to Bangalore, you can enhance your experience by enjoying everything that lies on the way. With a Savaari, you can turn your drive into a fun-filled journey and also customize the trip to your liking, travel time, and budget.
Traveling from Hampi to Bangalore by Car?
The road from Hampi to Bangalore lets you slowly escape from the city into pure nature. The route passes through suburbs and small towns of Karnataka and into the quieter and greener locales, with fascinating nature and tourist spots along the way. With our completely customizable Hampi to Bangalore trip packages, you can stop at any of these places and do quick sightseeing. Let us help you discover the best routes to travel from Hampi to Bangalore by car.
Quick Facts about Hampi to Bangalore
|Road Distance from Hampi to Bangalore||350 kms|
|Aerial Distance from Hampi to Bangalore||288 kms|
|Travel Time for Hampi to Bangalore by road||6 hours|
|Nearest Airport in Hampi||Sambre Airport (15.34, 76.46)|
|Travel Time for Hampi to Bangalore by Bus||6 hours|
|Best Routes||Hampi to Bangalore Via NH 50 & NH 48|
|||Hampi to Bangalore Via NH 44|
|Best time to visit||October – February|
Best Time To Visit?
Sitting roughly 1000 feet from the sea and surrounded by the hills of the Western Ghats, the city of Bangalore enjoys pleasant weather all year round. The winters are cool and breezy, summers are warm but not humid like most cities in India. Monsoon, however, can be rough and the city experiences heavy rainfall from July to September. So, if you want to experience the best of Bangalore, plan your travel in the dry or colder months.
Peak: October to February
Optimum: February to June
Avoid: July to September
Popular Routes from Hampi to Bangalore
Route 1: Distance and Time taken from Hampi to Bangalore via NH 50 & NH 48
This is the shortest and the best route to travel between Hampi and Bangalore. It is also the fastest because the Hampi to Bangalore traffic on this route is regular and there are no road closures. The distance between Hampi and Bangalore on this route is somewhere around 350 KM and takes less than 6 hours. Always check live maps and instant traffic updates for the latest information on Hampi to Bangalore road conditions.
Hampi – Kudligi – Chitradurga – Hiriyur – Tumkur – Bangalore
Distance: 340 Kms
Time: 5 hrs 30 mins
Road Condition: 4/5
Popular sights/monuments that you will encounter along this route
- Tungabhadra Dam and garden, Hospet – Famous local dam on the Tungabhadra River, with catchment area and gardens for relaxing, great for views.
- Murughaa Mata, Chitradurga – A local museum and art center, housing creative installations and a park.
- Chitradurga Fort, Chitradurga – Large historical fort on the base of rocky hills with many doors and carvings at the main entrance.
- Nijagal Betta, Nijagal – Rolling hills formed of solid sandstone rocks, surrounded by greenery and wide meadows, good for a quick trek.
Places to eat along this route
- The New Landmark Restaurant, Hospet – Local eatery serving vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals in a casual setting.
- Kalpavruksha Lodge Bar and Restaurant, Hiriyur – Local lodge with an attached bar and restaurant serving vegetarian and non-vegetarian food.
- Reddy Military Hotel, Chitradurga – Army canteen serving lunch plates and standard meals at subsidized rates.
- Prithvi Veg Restaurant, Tumkur – Vegetarian North Indian fare served alongside Chinese staples in a family-friendly, rustic setting, kid and family-friendly.
Hampi to Bangalore Road Condition via Route 1:
This is the fastest route to travel via Hampi to Bangalore cabs and is used by most travelers. This route has standard highway tolls and the road conditions are better since there are no road closures.
Route 2: Distance and Time taken from Hampi to Bangalore via NH 44
This is a longer route to travel from Hampi to Bangalore than the previous one and also takes a little more time. Also, the road conditions on this route are variable. The distance from Hampi to Bangalore on this route is around 370 KM and takes a little over 7 hours. To avoid road closures, always check for the latest updates and follow a live map when traveling to get the best idea of Hampi to Bangalore road condition.
Hampi – Bellary – Anantapur – Penukonda – Chikkaballapur – Bangalore
Distance: 370 Kms
Time: 7hrs 30 mins
Road Condition: 3/5
Popular sights/monuments that you will encounter along this route
- Ballari Fort, Ballari – A 16th-century fort sitting on a hilltop, great for short treks and catching views of sunsets, or of the town below.
- Dhyanakendram, Anantapur – A public pyramid-like structure in a serene setting, built as a yoga and meditation center, surrounded by greenery.
- Nandi Hills, Muddenahalli – Historic caves in a remote hilltop environment and a popular spot to watch the sunrise and sunset.
- Devanahalli Fort, Devanahalli – A 16th- century fort built with mud, lime, and brick fortress with semi-circular bastions spread over 20 acres.
Places to eat along this route
- The Hot Breads, Ballari – Local café/eatery serving vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals, Chinese food, and baked goods.
- AP02 Dine In, Anantapur – Local restaurant serving traditional Andhra cuisine in a casual setting, good for families and big groups.
- Swagath Multicuisine Restaurant, Peresandra – Highway side themed restaurant, serving pure vegetarian food, good for late-night stops.
- Nandi Upachar, Devanahalli – Locally popular vegetarian place with a banqueting hall that serves Indian and Chinese food.
Hampi to Bangalore Road Condition via Route 2:
This is a slightly longer and slower route to travel from Hampi to Bangalore. This route also has tolls, but the road condition is variable, depending on occasional construction work or rains which can cause road closures.
Hampi to Bangalore Best Route
Both the above routes are good for traveling from Hampi to Bangalore. Each of these routes have interesting stopovers and ample food stops. However, if you want to save time and still have a scenic drive, then Route 1 is your best option.
Other means of traveling from Hampi to Bangalore
How to Reach Bangalore By Train?
You can also travel from Hampi to Bangalore by train. There are a total of 6 trains, of which 3 are daily trains that run from Hampi to Bangalore. The train distance from Hampi to Bangalore is about 406 KM and could take between 8 to 12 hours, depending on the train. The fastest train with the best timing is Hampi Express (16591). For all train bookings from Hampi to Bangalore, visit any online travel portal or Indian Railways’ website for the latest information.
How to Reach Bangalore By Flight?
There is no direct flight service between Hampi to Bangalore. There are two airports near Hampi – Bellary Airport (BEP) at 60 KM and JSW Vidyanagar Airport (VDY) at 40 KM away. There are also no regular flights but only 4 weekly flights between these cities and Bangalore. You will have to drive to either of the 2 airports near Hampi and get a flight to Bangalore. For your Hampi to Bangalore flight booking, visit any online travel portal or check with the airline’s direct website.
Attractions for Sightseeing in Bangalore
Apart from beautiful public gardens and parks, the Garden City has a host of other interesting things to see and do.
- Cubbon Park – The biggest patch of greenery in the city, great for walks, jogs, or simply relaxing in the shaded areas.
- Lalbagh Botanical Garden – A public garden housing exotic plants, trees, and flowers, along with a museum and an exhibition venue.
- Vidhan Soudha – The city hall with all major government offices, is known for its brilliant architecture.
- Ulsoor Lake – the biggest water body of the city, surrounded by ample greenery and a jogger’s park.
- Jayachamarajendra Museum & Gallery – A public gallery with a museum, preserving the city’s history and heritage.
- St. Mary’s Basilica – The oldest church of the city, located in the Archdiocese of Bangalore, known for its splendid Gothic architecture with carved arches, ornamental motifs, and stained-glass windows.
Sitting in the heart of South India, flanked by all the states of the region, Bangalore and its vicinity is blessed with endless natural and man-made wonders, making this the perfect starting point for uncountable road trips and places to visit nearby. With wide stretches of national and state highways crisscrossing the state, you can be anywhere, anytime, within a few hours’ drive. Check out the best road trips you can embark on for a quick weekend getaway from Bangalore.
Savaari recommends – Popular places to eat in Bangalore
Being a cosmopolitan metro city, Bangalore’s food culture is influenced by all the communities that have settled in the city for generations, making it a melting pot of various cuisines from home and abroad.
To sample the best of classic and contemporary, Indian and international flavors, explore these places in Bangalore.
- Only Place, Museum Rd, near Post Office, Shanthala Nagar, Ashok Nagar
- Lantern Restaurant, 99, Residency Rd, Shanthala Nagar, Ashok Nagar
- The Hole in the Wall Café, 8th Main Rd, Koramangala 4th Block, Koramangala
- Toit Brewpub, 100 Feet Road, Near-Drops Total Spirits, Indiranagar
- Vidyarthi Bhavan, Gandhi Bazaar Main Road
- Arogya Ahaara, HSR Layout 5th Sector
Hotels and Resorts in Bangalore
|The Leela Palace||23, HAL Old Airport Rd, HAL 2nd Stage, Kodihalli, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560008||080 2521 1234|
|ITC Gardenia-A Luxury Collection Hotel||1, Residency Rd, Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560025||080 2211 9898|
|Golden Lotus Boutique Suites||149, Richmond Road, Rathna Avenue, Craig Park Layout, Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560025||091486 50149|
|Eagleton The Golf Resort||Off Bangalore – Mysore Highway, Shyanamangala Cross, Bidadi, Bengaluru, Karnataka 562109||080 2263 2222|
|Vivanta Bengaluru||66, Residency Rd, Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560025||080 666 04545|
Nearby Road Trips From Bangalore
|Bangalore to Mysore||145 km||3 hours|
|Bangalore to Ooty||265 km||5 hours|
|Bangalore to Coorg||264 km||6 hours|
|Bangalore to Chikamagalur||245 km||5 hours|
|Bangalore to Mangalore||350 km||8 hours|
|Bangalore to Kodaikanal||463 km||9 hours|
|Bangalore to Goa||558 km||10 hours|
|Bangalore to Hyderabad||570 km||10 hours|