Bangalore – a city that was once recognized by its tech industry, is now a colorful collage of cultures and businesses, making the Silicon Valley of India the most vibrant metro city of the south. An IT hub, Bangalore is one of the poster cities for urban India.
Use this ready-made guide from Savaari when you take a road trip from Goa to Bangalore. We will take you through a gorgeous route with breathtaking monuments, hidden gems, and also eateries en route.
Table of Contents
- Why travel from Goa to Bangalore?
- Traveling from Goa to Bangalore?
- Best time to take a road trip by car
- How to Reach Bangalore By Train
- How to Reach Bangalore By Flight
- Attractions in Bangalore for Sightseeing
- Savaari recommends – Popular places to eat in Bangalore
- Hotels and resorts – Accommodation in Bangalore
Why travel from Goa to Bangalore?
Bangalore is vibrant and has much to offer including gardens, temples, monuments, museums, pubs and great nightlife. You can make your Bangalore experience more interesting when you drive from Goa in a Savaari cab. With our customizable trip plans and itineraries, you can do more than just a regular road trip, and enjoy a comfortable ride, while making your journey interesting at the same time.
Traveling from Bangalore to Goa by car
A road trip from Goa to Bangalore is one of the best ways to travel from the land of beaches to the tech city. Not to forget, the route between these two places passes through Goan countryside as well as interesting locales of Karnataka.
So you can sit back and enjoy the shifting landscape from golden Konkan Coast to the hilly Western Ghats. You will pass through some popular and offbeat locales as well as some of the most fascinating vistas and nature hotspots, on your Bangalore trip from Goa. With our completely customizable Goa to Bangalore trip packages, you can stop at any of these places and do a quick sightseeing.
Let us help you discover the best routes to travel from Goa to Bangalore by car.
Best Time To Visit Goa to Bangalore by car
Sitting roughly 1000 feet from the sea and surrounded by the hills of Western Ghats, the city of Bangalore enjoys pleasant weather all year round. The winters are cool and breezy, summers are warm but not humid like most cities in India. Monsoons, however, can be rough and the city experiences heavy rainfall from July to September. So, the Best time to visit Goa to Bangalore by car is in the dry and colder months.
Popular Routes from Goa to Bangalore
Route: Goa to Bangalore via NH 48
The distance between Goa and Bangalore via this route is around 560 KM and takes about 10 hours and 30 minutes. However, it is always advisable to check for live traffic updates and use real-time maps for a better understanding of the road conditions.
Here’s a basic Bangalore to Goa road map for this route:
|Panjim (Goa) — Dharwad — Hubli — Ranebennur — Devanagare — Chitradurga — Hiriyur — Tumakuru — Bangalore
Popular places along the way:
- Chadramouleshwara Temple, Hubli – This 900-year old temple dates back to the Chalukya dynasty and stands as an iconic structure of the region. Perfect for art and history lovers, the temple is a fine example of classic Indian rock-cut architecture.
- Unkal Lake, Hubli – The huge water body is the main attraction of the town among locals as well as tourists. You can take a short break and enjoy a picnic by the serene lake and verdant surroundings.
- Kunduvada Lake, Devanagere – When you pass by the town, you can stop by the Kunduvada Lake, the most prominent and refreshing picnic spot on this route.
- Chandravalli, Chitradurga – These prehistoric caves are surrounded by lush greenery and house a temple, and is a popular local spot.
- Jogimatti Forest, Chitradurga – The densely forested zone is the most significant natural sanctuary of the town and also forms the habitat of local wildlife.
- Chitradurga Fort, Chitradurga – This historical fortress is the highlight of the town and not to forget, a prominent trekking spot as well.
- Mandara Giri Jain Temple, Tumakuru – The ancient temple, sitting on a rocky hillock is a famous Jain pilgrimage site. The stone staircase leading to the summit makes for a good day trek and to also enjoy the surrounding views.
Places to eat along this route:
There are not many options for meal breaks between Goa and Bangalore. The best eateries and restaurants are clustered between Dharwad and Hubli, along with a few options of roadside vendors selling local snacks, tea, and coffee.
- Upadhya Veg, Chitradurga – Local restaurant serving pure vegetarian fare, and is also good for families.
- Kamat Upchar, Sira – Popular highway eatery chain serving vegetarian meals, also good for breakfast and lunch.
- Sai Palace Restaurant, between Sira and Hiriyur – Local diner serving authentic South Indian breakfast and filter coffee.
Goa to Bangalore Road conditions via NH 48
This is the shortest, fastest, and most convenient route. This is also the only designated route suggested by GPS and live maps. Most travelers opt for this route because the Goa to Bangalore traffic here is much lighter and makes it better to drive through.
Other means of traveling from Bangalore to Goa
How to Reach Bangalore by Train
You can also cover the Goa to Bangalore distance by train, which is available daily. There are around 5 trains that ply between Bangalore and Goa of which 2 ply daily. So you can visit the Indian Railways website for your Goa to Bangalore train bookings, or choose your options from the multiple online portals.
The fastest train is 07312 – MYS DNR SPL which takes 13 hours to cover a distance of 511 km. The total time taken from Goa to Bangalore can vary from 13-15 hours, depending upon the train you choose. Therefore, for the updated Goa to Bangalore train timings, check with IRCTC for their latest timetables.
How to Reach Bangalore By Flight
You can also fly to Bangalore from Goa. The nearest airport in Goa is Dabolim International Airport (GOI), which is about 28 KM from Panjim city; the nearest airport in Bangalore is Kempegowda International Airport (BLR) which is 40 km from the city. The average Goa to Bangalore flight duration can range from one and a half to five hours, depending on the airline as well as the flight route you take.
Hence, for your Bangalore to Goa flight booking, visit any online travel portal for the best deal or check the airline’s website. The flight tickets can cost you INR 1500 to 5000, depending on the travel season, booking window, and available deals. For your Goa to Bangalore flight booking, visit any online travel portal or check with the airlines’ direct website. You can hire a reliable Bangalore airport taxi for a convenient ride to your hotel in the city.
Attractions for Sightseeing in Bangalore
Apart from beautiful public gardens and parks, the Garden City has a host of other interesting things to see and do.
- Cubbon Park – The biggest patch of greenery of the city, great for walks, jogs, or simply relaxing in the shaded areas.
- Lalbagh Botanical Garden – A public garden housing exotic plants, trees, flowers, along with a museum and an exhibition venue.
- Vidhan Soudha – The city hall with all major government offices, known for its brilliant architecture.
- Ulsoor Lake – the biggest water body of the city, surrounded by ample greenery and jogger’s park.
- Jayachamarajendra Museum & Gallery – A public gallery with a museum, preserving the city’s history and heritage.
- St. Mary’s Basilica – The oldest church of the city, located in the Archdiocese of Bangalore, known for its splendid Gothic architecture with carved arches, ornamental motifs, and stained-glass windows.
Sitting in the heart of South India, flanked by all the states of the region, Bangalore and its vicinity is blessed with endless natural and man-made wonders, making this the perfect starting point for uncountable road trips and places to visit nearby. With wide stretches of national and state highways crisscrossing the state, you can be anywhere, anytime, within a few hours’ drive. Check out the best road trips you can embark on for a quick weekend getaway from Bangalore.
Savaari recommends – Popular places to eat in Bangalore
Being a cosmopolitan metro city, Bangalore’s food culture is influenced by all the communities that have settled in the city for generations, making it a melting pot of various cuisines from home and abroad.
To sample the best of classic and contemporary, Indian and international flavors, explore these places in Bangalore.
- Only Place, Museum Rd, near Post Office, Shanthala Nagar, Ashok Nagar
- Lantern Restaurant, 99, Residency Rd, Shanthala Nagar, Ashok Nagar
- The Hole in the Wall Café, 8th Main Rd, Koramangala 4th Block, Koramangala
- Toit Brewpub, 100 Feet Road, Near-Drops Total Spirits, Indiranagar
- Vidyarthi Bhavan, Gandhi Bazaar Main Road
- Arogya Ahaara, HSR Layout 5th Sector
Hotels and Resorts in Bangalore
|The Leela Palace||23, HAL Old Airport Rd, HAL 2nd Stage, Kodihalli, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560008||080 2521 1234|
|ITC Gardenia-A Luxury Collection Hotel||1, Residency Rd, Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560025||080 2211 9898|
|Golden Lotus Boutique Suites||149, Richmond Road, Rathna Avenue, Craig Park Layout, Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560025||091486 50149|
|Eagleton The Golf Resort||Off Bangalore – Mysore Highway, Shyanamangala Cross, Bidadi, Bengaluru, Karnataka 562109||080 2263 2222|
|Vivanta Bengaluru||66, Residency Rd, Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560025||080 666 04545|
Things to Keep in Mind While Traveling to Bangalore
- Bangalore is a central location for many treks and camping tours around South India. You can use the city as a base and go for treks.
- Always wear a mask in public places in Bangalore, the state government has imposed a fine for not following Covid-rules.
- Check for current curfew hours at night.
- Pandemic rules may affect visiting hours of tourist sites and restaurants. Check online or call before you visit.
Savaari Safety Tips for Road Trips from Goa to Bangalore
- Carry all hygiene-related items – sanitizer, masks, disinfectant sprays, and a bed sheet to cover the seat with, while traveling.
- Use a hand sanitizer before and after your ride.
- Install the Aarogya Setu app before your trip.
- Running the AC continuously during the trip is not recommended. If you were to use the AC, please ensure that it is run in the recirculated mode and the windows are lowered at frequent intervals.
- Dispose of any tissues or pieces of cloth that you may have used outside the car.
- If you have opted for a car rental service, try to load your luggage in the boot of the car yourself to ensure a zero-contact ride.
- Maintain a safe distance between yourself and the driver.
- Download our Savaari car rental app for a smooth and pleasant journey.
Download our savaari car rental app for a smooth and pleasant journey.