Sitting on the banks of the Yamuna River, Vrindavan is an ancient town in Uttar Pradesh and one of the oldest cities of this region. Vrindavan is said to be the place where Lord Krishna spent most of his growing up years and hence is considered a sacred place and an important pilgrimage destination for Hindus and Vaishnavas.
Table of Contents
- Why travel from Delhi to Vrindavan?
- Travelling from Delhi to Vrindavan by car
- Best Time To Visit
- Popular Routes from Delhi to Vrindavan
- Delhi to Vrindavan Best Route
- How to Reach Vrindavan By Train
- How to Reach Vrindavan By Flight
- Attractions in Vrindavan for Sightseeing
- Savaari Recommends – Popular Places to Eat in Vrindavan
- Hotels and Resorts in Vrindavan
Why travel from Delhi to Vrindavan?
Vrindavan always exudes a vibrant vibe and is famous for hosting religious ceremonies and cultural events commemorating Lord Krishna. But how can you continue this vibe even while you travel to the destination? Simple, do a quick road trip from the nearest cities or towns. For instance, a road trip from Delhi to Vrindavan can be as significant as the destination. Book a cab from Delhi to Vrindavan with Savaari car rentals and enjoy a completely customizable trip that suits your budget and your needs and turn the drive into something worthwhile.
Travelling from Delhi to Vrindavan by car
The road from Delhi to Vrindavan cuts through towns and villages of Haryana and Punjab. With our Delhi to Vrindavan taxi service, you can experience a comfortable, safe, and hygienic ride while you enjoy a scenic drive. Depending on the route, you will pass through different towns on your way, like Faridabad, Noida, Hodal etc. You can personalize the itinerary for travelling from Delhi to Vrindavan, and stop at any of these places for a break or even visit the twin holy town of Mathura on the way. And, experience the joy of being on the road by booking a car from Delhi.
Best Time To Visit
Vrindavan sits in the northern plains, and thus experiences extreme weather patterns. The summers are hot and sultry and winters are cold and chilly but pleasant. So, the best time to travel to Vrindavan from Delhi is during the winter months, between October to March, when you can go for sightseeing or engage in activities that require travelling. The rainy season is also a great time to visit, since the landscape turns serene and green with pleasant weather all day.
Popular Routes from Delhi to Vrindavan
Route 1: Distance and Time taken from Delhi to Vrindavan via Taj Express Highway/ Yamuna Expressway
This is the best route to travel from Delhi to Vrindavan. It is the fastest route because the Delhi to Vrindavan traffic on this route is regular and you can avoid road closures. The distance between Delhi and Vrindavan on this route is somewhere around 183 KM and takes roughly 3.5 hours. Always check live maps and instant traffic updates for the latest information on the road conditions from Delhi to Vrindavan.
Here’s the basic route map from Delhi to Vrindavan –
|Delhi — Noida — Dankaur — Hamidpur — Sikanderpur — Javara — Vrindavan|
Popular sights/monuments that you will encounter along this route:
- Botanic Garden of Indian Republic – A state-run conservatory with sprawling gardens showcasing a wide variety of endemic floral, medicinal, and other plants, in a lush environment.
- Okhla Bird Sanctuary – The greenest patch of Noida with protected wetlands and popular for birding expeditions, good for sunrise views also. Visit in late winter for the best experience.
- Stellar Children’s Museum – Local science and museum hosting exhibits and displays for children with hands-on educational activities related to basic science topics.
Places to eat along this route:
- Haldiram, Noida – A confectionary retail outlet serving sweets, savouries, meals, snacks, beverages, and baked goods, good for big groups, families with kids.
- Radhika Fast Food and Confectionary, Bajna – Local eatery serving Indian and Chinese meals and fast food.
- Subway, Suraj – International fast food chain serving build-your-own sandwiches and salads, good for healthy options, quick meals.
Delhi to Vrindavan Road Condition via route 1:
The road conditions from Delhi to Vrindavan Yamuna Expressway are excellent. It is the fastest route with light traffic, some tolls on the way, but no road closures. In fact, Yamuna Expressway happens to be one of the best highways in the country and a road trip on this route is an experience to remember.
Route 2: Distance and Time taken from Delhi to Vrindavan via NH19 & NH 44
This is an alternative route for travelling from Delhi to Vrindavan. Although this route is shorter, it takes more time to travel than the previous route. This route also has tolls on the way. The distance from Delhi to Vrindavan on this route is about 191 KM and takes about four hours. Always use live maps to check for road closures or check for other traffic updates while travelling on highways.
Here’s the basic route map from Delhi to Vrindavan along this route:
|Delhi — Gurgaon — Manesar — Dholagarh — Hodal — Kosi Kalan — Vrindavan|
Popular sights/monuments that you will encounter along this route:
- Leisure Valley Park, Gurgaon – An urban leisure and entertainment enclosure with landscaped gardens, picnic spots, café, and fountains with light and sound shows, good for a day tour with families and kids.
- Heritage Transport Museum, Tauru – A heritage museum housing a huge collection of vintage automobiles and rare cars, buses, aircrafts, trains, and models of other vehicles.
- King Sitaram Maharaj Fort, Kotwan – A lesser-known ancient fortress sitting atop a hill associated with Mughal history, good for a quick tour.
Places to eat along this route:
- Sikkim Fast Food, Gurgaon – Local diner serving snacks, quick meals, and beverages, good for groups.
- KFC, Kukrola – International fast-food chain serving fried chicken-based meals, good for quick stops and families with kids.
- Café Coffee Day, Sohna – Coffee shop chain serving a variety of coffee-based beverages, fast food, snack, and tea, good for families.
- Costa Coffee, Ajhai Kalan – International coffee chain offering hot drinks, iced coolers, sweet snacks and sandwiches.
Delhi to Vrindavan Road Condition via route 2:
The road conditions on this route from Delhi to Vrindavan are also quite good. But it takes more time than the previous one and can have some traffic.
Delhi to Vrindavan Best Route
Both the above routes have interesting pit stops, including sightseeing and food options. So, both are good for travelling from Delhi to Vrindavan. However, we recommend the Yamuna Expressway for an unmatched road trip experience.
Other means of travelling from Delhi to Vrindavan
You can also travel from Delhi to Vrindavan by train. The nearest railway station is at Mathura Railway Station, 16 KM away. There are regular trains to Vrindavan from all major towns and cities in Uttar Pradesh and other parts of India. The fastest train from Delhi to Vrindavan is Ghaziabad Mathura Emu (64904) which takes about four hours to reach. You can also book a cab in Vrindavan to reach your destination.
The time taken to travel from Delhi to Vrindavan by train can vary from four to eight hours, depending on the train you take. For any Delhi to Vrindavan train booking, you can visit any online travel portal or check the Indian Railways website to get the best deals. For the latest and most accurate information on Delhi to Vrindavan train timings, always check the timetables of IRCTC before you book.
There is no airport in Vrindavan so the town has no flight connectivity. The nearest airport is in Agra, at Kheria Airport, about 72 KM southward. From there, you have to take the local buses, or book a cab from Agra to Vrindavan to reach your destination by road. The nearest international airport is in New Delhi, 144 KM away. So, the best option to travel from Delhi to Vrindavan is by road or railway. You can also book a car rental in Vrindavan to reach your destination.
Attractions in Vrindavan for Sightseeing
Vrindavan is known for hosting numerous temples dedicated to Krishna and Radha, scattered throughout the town. Besides the temples and religious sites, the natural surroundings of Vrindavan with thick wooded areas and lush greenery are also an attractive feature of the town. You can visit the childhood places of Krishna and all the temples and sites dedicated to him, or explore the nature hotspots.
Check out these popular places to see in Vrindavan –
- Banke Bihari Temple – This 19th century temple is built in traditional Rajasthani style. It is dedicated to Krishna and is the major highlight of the town, and the most popular site for both tourism and pilgrimage.
- ISKCON Temple – The ISKCON Vrindavan is one of the most prominent sites of ISKCON in North India and is famous for hosting Janmashtami and Rathyatra celebrations.
- Prem Mandir – This temple is one of the iconic sights to see with incredible architecture. The huge marble edifice boasts intricate stonework and is adorned with manicured gardens, courtyards, and fountains.
- Shri Radha Damodar Temple – Among many temples dedicated to both Krishna and Radha, the Radha Damodar temple is the most prominent one and attracts thousands of visitors.
- Mathura Vrindavan Marg – A strip of road that is considered to be the holy trail between two pilgrim towns of Vrindavan and Mathura. The route is also quite scenic with lots of greenery and serene vibes.
- Shri Radha Madan Mohan Temple – A brilliant piece of architecture and a sacred site at the same time, this 16th century sits on the banks of the Yamuna. The terracotta façade is a striking feature of the temple.
- Mirabai Temple – While most temples of Vrindavan are dedicated to Krishna, Radha, or his followers, this particular temple is unique. It is dedicated to his ardent devotee and a historical legend, Mira Bai.
Savaari Recommends – Popular Places to Eat in Vrindavan
The food in Vrindavan is predominantly vegetarian and often made without onion and garlic. But the locally available dishes are quite tasteful and vary, with traditional flavours.
Here are some of the top-rated places to eat in Vrindavan –
- Sri Govinda’s Restaurant, Raman-Reti
- 11 Flowers Rooftop Café, Raman-Reti
- Food Art Fine Dining, Anandam Clarks Inn Suites & Resorts
- Bharti Vyanjan, Hotel The Royal Bharti
- Royal Bharti Foods, Bankebihari Colony
Hotels and Resorts in Vrindavan
|Hotel Name||Address||Phone Number|
|MVT Guest House & Restaurant||Bhaktivedanta Swami Marg, Behind ISKCON temple, RamanReti, Vrindavan, Uttar Pradesh 281121||099977 38666|
|Resort Krishna Vaibhav||Shri Krishna Heights, Tahra, Burja Rd, Vrindavan, Uttar Pradesh 281121||082736 96609|
|Vrindavan Cottages by Sheosante||Ganpati Infinity, Burja Rd, behind Lotus Temple, Vrindavan, Uttar Pradesh 281121||098713 10842|
|Kadamb Resort Spiritual Stay||Koshda mandakini , keshav dham road , keshav nagar , Vrindavan, Vrindavan, Uttar Pradesh 281121||081910 10072|
|Anandam Clarks Inn Suites & Resorts||Omaxe Eternity, Chattikara, Road, Vrindavan, Uttar Pradesh 281121||087500 76519|