Kasol serves as the base camp of some of the most thrilling treks of Himachal Pradesh including Kheerganga Trek, Sar Pass Trek, Chalal Trek, and Pin Parvati Pass Trek. It is best known for its quaint cafes and picturesque views. Visit the pristine lakes and hot springs in Manikaran, 6km from Kasol or try the local rice beer. You could also set up a camp in any of the camping sites here and spend your night stargazing.
Table of Contents
- Why travel from Delhi to Kasol?
- Traveling from Delhi to Kasol by car
- Best time to take a road trip from Delhi to Kasol by car
- Distance and Time taken from Delhi to Kasol via NH44
- Popular places along the way
- Places to eat on this route:
- How to Reach Kasol By Train
- How to Reach Kasol By Flight
- Attractions in Kasol for Sightseeing
- Hotels and resorts – Accommodation in Kasol
Why travel from Delhi to Kasol?
Also called the Little Israel, Kasol is a favorite destination of backpackers, trekkers, naturalists, and the wandering souls. The Himalayan town thrives in its quirky and colorful vibes of international tourists and friendly locals. It is also one of the most sought-after getaways from the nearest urban center of Delhi. But the real joy of Kasol comes from taking a drive through the roads that lead there. To get the best experience of such a trip, book a cab with Savaari and make your trip truly incredible!
Traveling from Delhi to Kasol by car
The road from Delhi to Kasol is one of the most scenic routes in this part of the country. The route passes through the Delhi-NCR region, northern plains, and finally heads into the greener, cleaner zones of the Lower Himalayas with views of mountains, valleys, and alpine forests. With our Delhi to Kasol tour packages, you can customize your entire trip, make convenient itineraries and enjoy the adventure that a classic road trip is. Let us help you discover the best route and trip plans so you have a great trip from Delhi to Kasol.
Let us help you discover some of the best routes so your trip from Delhi to Kasol is nothing short of amazing!
Best time to take a road trip from Delhi to Kasol by car
Kasol sits in the northern part of Himachal and has the classic weather pattern of high-altitude locales. If you are seeking all-outdoor activities, then the summer months of April to June are the best time to visit Delhi to Kasol by car. For the winter parties and New Year holidays, visit in the peak colder months.
Distance and Time taken from Delhi to Kasol via NH44
Delhi to Kasol distance
This is the shortest, fastest, and the only driving route to cover Delhi to Kasol distance. It takes about 13 hours to reach Kasol from Delhi at 520 KM. This route has tolls and may have some Delhi to Kasol traffic, due to occasional roadwork or bad weather. That’s why you should always check for real-time traffic updates and use live maps to better understand the Delhi-Kasol road condition for driving.\
Delhi to Kasol Road Condition via NH44
Here’s a basic Delhi to Kasol road map for this route:
|Delhi -> Sonipat -> Panipat -> Karnal -> Shahabad -> Rupnagar -> Bilaspur -> Mandi -> Bhuntar -> Kasol|
Popular sights/monuments that you will encounter along this route:
- Panipat Battlefield Memorial & Museum, Panipat – Famous historical site of war memorial and ancient battlefield and Tomb of Ibrahim Lodhi.
- Cantonment Church Tower, Karnal – An old church tower dating back to the colonial days.
- Kurukshetra Panorama and Science Center, Kurukshetra – Museum dedicated to the events of Mahabharata and an associated science center. Also visit the Brahma Sarovar.
- Fateh Burj, Chappar Chiri, Ajit Singh Nagar – A memorial minaret dedicated to a legendary Sikh commander.
- Butterfly Garden, Chandigarh – Landscaped public garden with botanical specialties and inviting several species of butterflies.
- Dechen Choekhor Buddhist Monastery, Gompa Road, Sarabai – Buddhist monastery with great views.
- The Great Himalayan National Park, Shamshi – Natural wildlife reserve housing Himalayan flora and fauna, great for a drive-through or forest trek.
*Current pandemic regulations might affect visiting hours. Check for updated timings.
Places to eat along this route
- Amrik Sukhdev, Sonipat – popular and busy highway side eatery with multi-cuisine buffet and a la carte options, good for families and large groups.
- Pooran Singh Da Dhaba, Ambala – family-owned old dhaba famous for home-style lunches.
- Hotel Grand Punjab, Banur – Family restaurant serving local Punjabi and north Indian dishes.
- Sarai Bharatgarh, Kharota – Locally popular restaurant serving multi-cuisine dishes, good for family and kids.
- The Treat Restaurant, Sundar Nagar – Best eatery in town, good for quick stops and fast food.
Other means of traveling from Delhi to Kasol
How to Reach Kasol By Train
Kasol has no railroad connectivity from Delhi. The nearest railway station is Joginder Nagar Railway Station which is 144 km from Kasol. You can take a train to Joginder Nagar Railway Station from Delhi (via Chandigarh or Jalandhar) and from there you can hire a cab to take you to Kasol. As of now, there are only 6 trains available from Delhi to Joginder Nagar. It takes about 9 hours to cover 645 KM railroad distance. For Delhi to Kasol train booking and updated timings, you can visit the Indian Railways website or check with any online travel portal to get the best deals.
How to Reach Kasol by Flight
Kasol does not have any flight connectivity. The nearest air strip is Kullu-Manali Airport (KUU) at Bhuntar, about 11 Km from Kullu and 33 KM from Kasol. The average Delhi to Kullu flight duration can range from two and half to five hours, depending on the airline or the flight route you take. For your Delhi to Kullu/Kasol flight booking, visit any online travel portal for the best deal or check with the airline’s direct website. The Delhi to Kullu/Kasol flight cost can range from Rs. 5000 to 7000, depending on the travel season, booking window, and available deals. You can book a convenient airport taxi from Kullu-Manali Airport to Kasol for a pleasant journey to your hotel.
Explore Kasol Like a Local: A Handy Guide
A place for the footloose and fancy free, Kasol beckons every backpacker and trekker with its laid-back vibes and colorful international community. Whether you want to soak the pristine nature or get an adrenaline rush with tough treks, or even party with the international communities, there’s something for every kind of traveler and nature lover in Kasol. With our tips and suggestions, you can make your Kasol trip exciting and adventurous. Make the best use of Savaari’s Delhi car rental services at the best rates & experience the relaxing and trouble free journey
Attractions in Kasol for Sightseeing
Kasol has always been known for being a hippie’s paradise, and a bliss for backpackers and trekkers. With endless options to camp on the grassy meadows or walk through the nature trails, you can enjoy camping along the Parvati River, rafting, fishing, or explore the lush valleys. For an ultimate trekking experience, head to Kheer Ganga Peak or the Tosh Valley. Take a walking tour of the Bhuntar town, relax in the lap of nature at the lovely resorts. For religious trips, visit the Manikaran Sahib Gurudwara and the hot springs. You can also trek to Manikaran.
Savaari recommends – Popular places to eat in Kasol
- Being a hotspot for international tourists and backpackers, the food culture of Kasol is heavily international, with local fare thrown in here and there. When in Kasol, these are a few places to definitely sample the local flavors and experience its cosmopolitan cuisine.
- The Evergreen, Manikaran Road, near Forest Rest House
- Moondance Café and Bar, near bridge on Parvati River
- King Falafel, Nature Park
- Wabi Sabi, Manikaran Road
- Jim Morrison Café, Manikaran Road Opposite Hotel Sandhya, behind Sun n wind hotel
- The Rainbow Café, near Nature Park
*Due to pandemic, restaurant hours might vary. Check with restaurants for timings and safety rules before visiting.
Hotels and resorts – Accommodation in Kasol
|Place Name||Address||Phone Number|
|The Rainbow Inn||Manikaran Rd, Kasol, Himachal Pradesh 175105||098162 10302|
|Hotel Sandhya||Near Manikaran, Dist, Kasol, Himachal Pradesh 175105||NA|
|Asaka Lodge at Kasol||Village & post office kasol (Manikaran)H.P Village & post office Kasol (Manikaran)H.P, Kullu, 175105||078073 89755|
|The Hillside||New Kasol, Kasol, Himachal Pradesh 175105||082193-85857|
|Parvati Kuteer||Manikaran Rd, Kasol, Himachal Pradesh 175105||088102 65949|
Nearby Road Trips from Kasol
|Kasol to Chalal Village||2 km||1 min|
|Kasol to Parvati Valley||3 km||1 min|
|Kasol to Manikarna Sahib||3.7 km||8 mins|
|Kasol to Pulga Village||19 km||55 mins|
|Kasol to Tosh Village||21 km||53 mins|
|Kasol to Bhuntar||32 km||1 hour|
Download our Savaari car rental app for a smooth and pleasant journey.