The capital of Rajasthan, Jaipur is a fine blend of royalty, old-world charm, and modern lifestyle. Also called the Pink City, its charming landscape is dominated by red sandstone and marble structures. With its artistic heritage and rich history, Jaipur has become one of the most popular tourist cities in Rajasthan.
Table of Contents
- Why travel from Delhi to Jaipur?
- Traveling from Delhi to Jaipur
- Best time to take a road trip by car
- How to Reach Jaipur By Train
- How to Reach Jaipur By Flight
- Other means of traveling
- Places to eat along this route
- Attractions in Jaipur for Sightseeing
- Savaari recommends – Popular places to eat in Jaipur
- Hotels and resorts – Accommodation in Jaipur
- Nearby Roadtrips
Why travel from Delhi to Jaipur?
A fine blend of royal heritage, rich history, and, contemporary culture, Jaipur remains every traveller’s favourite. When you take a road trip from Delhi to Jaipur, you can enhance your experience by enjoying everything that lies on the way. With a Savaari, you can turn your drive into a fun-filled journey and also customize the trip to your liking, travel time, and budget.
Travelling from Delhi to Jaipur by car
A Jaipur trip from Delhi by car will allow one to cover beautiful places along the route. When you take a road trip from Delhi to Jaipur, you can enhance your experience by enjoying everything that lies on the way. With a Savaari, you can turn your drive into a fun-filled journey and also customize the trip to your liking, travel time, and budget.
Quick Facts about Delhi to Jaipur
|Road Distance from Delhi to Jaipur||280 kms|
|Aerial Distance from Delhi to Jaipur||241 kms|
|Travel Time for Delhi to Jaipur by Road||6 hours|
|Travel Time for Delhi to Jaipur by Train||4 hours|
|Travel Time for Delhi to Jaipur by Flight||1 hours|
|Best Routes||Delhi to Jaipur Via NH 48|
|Delhi to Jaipur Via NH 48 and NH 248A|
|Best Time to visit||November – February|
Best time to Take a Road trip from Delhi to Jaipur
November to February is the most pleasant time to travel from Delhi to Jaipur by road and lets you avoid the harsh weather and unbearably hot temperatures of the summer months. The Delhi to Jaipur by road distance is approximately between 280 – 320 KM and takes about five and a half to seven hours, depending on the Delhi to Jaipur road route. Delhi to Jaipur road condition is good and can be taken by travelers who wish to stop by scenic locations on their way.
Some of the best routes which can help you reach Jaipur from Delhi and at the same time explore some popular places along the way are:
Route 1: Distance and Time taken from Delhi to Jaipur via NH 48
|Delhi — Gurgaon — Bhiwadi — Neemrana — Jaipur|
Popular Places Along the way
- Bhiwadi – One of the first major towns near the Haryana-Rajasthan border, Bhiwadi is known for Vijay Mandir Palace and Jaisamand Lake.
- Neemrana – Stop by the historical Neemrana Fort Palace, famous for its stunning views of the Aravalli Mountains. The sunset views and nighttime ambiance is said to be an extraordinary experience.
Places to eat on the way
- Rao Dhaba (locally called Old Rao) off NH 48 in Gurgaon- famous for thalis.
- Haldiram’s at Rewari, Haryana – popular food court chain with vegetarian fare.
- Just Desi, Kotputili Rajasthan– village-themed restaurant and leisure zone with gardens and alfresco seating, famous for Rajasthani cuisine.
Delhi to Jaipur toll charges on this route: Rs 320 (one way)
Book a cab in Delhi to explore this route and enjoy your journey to the fullest.
Route 2: Distance and Time taken from Delhi to Jaipur Via NH 48 & NH 248A
|Delhi — Gurgaon — Bhiwadi — Alwar — Jaipur|
Places to see on the way
Alwar – An ancient hilly royal estate, Alwar is famous for the 18th century Alwar City Palace, with marble pavilions, sprawling courtyards with lotus-shaped pillars. Also visit the 16th-century Alwar Fort, sitting on a hilltop with panoramic views.
Siliserh Lake – It sits between Alwar town and Sariska National Park, and is a scenic lake area with boating options, wildlife, and a gorgeous marble palace sitting on its banks.
Sariska – Famous for Sariska National Park and Tiger Reserve, one of the most prominent reserves in India. You can do a short jungle trek.
You can also go through our Delhi travel guide for your Delhi to Jaipur itinerary.
Places to eat on the way
- Sohna Tourist Complex, Sohna, Gurgaon – famous for their canteen.
- Patel Restaurant, off NH248A, near Mubarikpur – popular for late-night options.
- Citrus Café, Alwar – an expensive restaurant with outdoor seating and modern ambience, perfect for families and big groups.
- Pataudi – Known for the erstwhile princely state and the sprawling mansion of the royal family of Pataudi.
Delhi to Jaipur toll charges on this route: Rs 255 (one way)
Rent a car in Delhi to explore this route and enjoy your journey to the fullest.
Other means of traveling from Delhi to Jaipur
You can take a Delhi to Jaipur bus, train, cabs or flight to travel between the two cities.
How to reach Jaipur By Train:
You can also travel from Delhi to Jaipur distance by train. There are total of 25 trains that run between these cities weekly, of which 6 trains run on a daily basis. For Delhi to Jaipur train ticket price booking, you can visit Indian Railway’s website or any other online travel portal. The Delhi to Jaipur train fare will depend upon the train you choose, and the travel season. The fastest train is SWARNA J RAJ EX(12957). The train time from Delhi to Jaipur can range from 5 to 7 hours, depending on the speed and train line.
How to reach Jaipur By Flight:
You can cover Delhi to Jaipur distance by booking a flight. The nearest airport is Jaipur Airport (JAI). The average Delhi to Jaipur flight duration is 55 minutes to 1.5 hours. For your Delhi to Jaipur flight time and price booking, you can easily visit any airline website or get the best deals from online travel portals. The Delhi to Jaipur flight cost can range from Rs.1500 to 5000, depending on booking window, deals, and season.
Explore Jaipur Like a Local
The Pink City of Jaipur embodies a classic charm and an air of royalty in its every frame. With a fine blend of history and heritage, the city is like an art on stone and marble, fused with the quirks of modern urban trappings, so the millennial traveller feels right at home. From explorers and travelers to artists and literary minds, Jaipur tourism welcomes all. Besides its iconic structures like the Hawa Mahal and the Jaipur Palace, you can also explore the famous food trail for a more wholesome Jaipur trip. With our complete Jaipur travel guide, make your Jaipur sightseeing memorable with our tips and suggestions. You can always book a tempo traveller in Delhi in case you are travelling in a large group.
Popular Attractions in Jaipur for Sightseeing
Some of the finest and renowned places to visit on your Jaipur tour are the Amber Palace, Hawa Mahal, Jaipur Palace, Jantar Mantar, Jal Mahal, Nahargarh Fort, and Albert Hall Museum.
Among these attractions, the Jaipur Palace and the Hawa Mahal are iconic landmarks of the city and define the finest Rajputana architecture.
Things to keep in mind when touring Jaipur
- The major monuments like City Palace, Amber Palace, Hawa Mahal, Albert Hall Museum, and Nahargarh Fort, charge a fee for entrance, camera, and other video equipment. Check with city tourism websites for updated fees.
- Use the daylight hours to explore Hawa Mahal and Jantar Mantar.
- Places like Nahargarh Fort are best explored at sunset hours, to view the illuminated skyline.
- In case you are travelling in summers, always carry hats/scarves/umbrellas to keep the scorching sun away and remember to keep yourself hydrated.
- You might find a lot of stray monkeys in most parts of Jaipur (particularly the temple and lake areas). Avoid carrying food or drinks in your hand, and keep your cameras, phones, and other loose items out of their reach at all times.
Savaari recommends – Popular Places to Eat in Jaipur
- Street Food: MI Road and Fashion Street
- Indian Coffee House, Ajmeri Gate.
- Padao, Nahargarh Fort, Nahargarh Road, Brahmapuri.
- Rajput Room, Bhavani Singh Road.
- Jaipur Adda, 4-D Villa, Khasa Kothi Circle, Station Road.
- Marble Arch, Jai Mahal Palace, Jacob Road.
Hotels and Resorts – Accommodation in Jaipur
|Pearl Palace||51, Hathroi Fort, Hari Kishan Somani Marg, Ajmer Road, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302001. Ph: 0141 237 3700 or 0141 237 3752|
|Umaid Mahal||C-20 / B-2, Bihari Marg, Opp. Lane of K.P. Automotives, Bani Park, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302016. Ph: 0141 220 1954|
|Nahargarh Haveli||Nahargarh Road Near Nahargarh Fort, Purani Basti, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302001 Phone No: 094144 42373|
|ITC Rajputana||Palace Road, Gopalbari, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302006. Ph: 0141 405 1600|
Road Trips from Jaipur
|Jaipur to Ajmer||136 km||2 hours|
|Jaipur to Agra||240 km||4 hours|
|Jaipur To Ranthambore||166 km||4 hours|
|Jaipur to Jodhpur||351 km||5 hours|
|Jaipur To Bikaner||334 km||5 hours|
|Jaipur to Udaipur||393 km||7 hours|
Download our savaari car rental app for a smooth and pleasant journey.