Auli is a beautiful hill town with snow-covered peaks of the Great Himalayas. In India, it is one of the most popular skiing destinations. Whether it is an adventure, rejuvenation and or a dose of wildlife; Auli is sure to give you some of the best memories to take back home with you. With our tips and suggestions, you can turn your Auli trip into a great adventure.
Table of Content
- Why travel from Dehradun to Auli?
- Traveling from Dehradun to Auli by Car
- Best time to Visit
- Popular Routes from Kolkata to Digha
- Other means of traveling
- Attractions in Auli for Sightseeing
- Savaari recommends – Popular places to eat in Auli
- Hotels and resorts – Accommodation in Auli
Why travel from Dehradun to Auli??
Dehradun is blessed with a host of scenic destinations in the vicinity, making it easy for a quick getaway. The sleepy hamlet of Auli in Uttarakhand is one such place. Far from the crowd, surrounded by the breathtaking beauty of the Lower Himalayas, Auli is one of the most non-commercial hilly getaways from Dehradun that you can find. But to make this journey more exciting, why not take a long road trip from Dehradun to Auli?
When you book a cab from Dehradun to Auli with Savaari, you can customize the entire trip as per your convenience, make interesting stopovers along the way, and have an adventure through the hills.
Traveling from Dehradun to Auli by Car?
A road trip from Dehradun to Auli is nothing short of fascinating. Serpentine roads dotted with pine trees and small wooden cottages on either side are sure to keep you fascinated throughout the road trip. Given how beautiful the entire state of Uttarakhand is, we suggest you keep those cameras ready. Experience the joy of being on the road by booking a cab from Savaari.
Best time to Take a Road trip from Dehradun to Auli by Car?
Being tucked into the Chamoli district of Uttarakhand in the Lower Himalayas, the town of Auli experiences temperate climate. The summers are cool and pleasant, making it great for exploring the outdoors. The winters, on the other hand, are more famous for tourism, when the town sees occasional snowfall. This is the best time to visit Auli by car if you want to experience the winter wonderland or do snow sports like skiing.
Route 1: Dehradun to Auli distance via Ambala – Poanta Sahib – Herbertpur – Dehradun – Rishikesh National Hwy/Chakarata Rd?
This is the shortest and fastest route to travel to Auli from Dehradun. It is also the only recommended route by Google maps, and used by regular travelers. The distance between Dehradun and Auli by car is around 150 kilometers, taking approximately 6 hours to reach.
Dehradun to Auli road conditions via Ambala – Poanta Sahib – Herbertpur – Dehradun – Rishikesh National Hwy/Chakarata Rd
Here’s a classic road map for the distance between Dehradun and Auli
Popular Places along the way:
Gucchupani: Gucchu Pani also known as Robbers Cave is located about 8 km from the Dehradun Clock Tower. A short road trip followed by a brief trek is required to reach Gucchupani. A natural cave with beautifully designed amazing interiors is the right picnic spot if you enjoy the real natural habitat.
Regional Science Center (RSC): Regional Science Centre in Jhajra is a science park that educates as well as entertains visitors especially children. The science park includes Dinosaurs Park, a Himalayan gallery, a 3D theatre, a library, a 200-seater auditorium and an exhibition hall.
Anand Van: Anand Van is the first urban forest park in Uttarakhand which is situated in the Jhajra forest range area and spread in more than 50 acres of land. It is a combination of natural and man-made artificial things to make it a peaceful place for the visitors who come here to relax and spend some time in the lap of nature.
Places to eat along the way:
- Rescafe: You can indulge in delicious south Indian meals here.
- The Village Restaurant: Locally popular family and kid-friendly restaurant serving traditional meals.
- Zesty Paradise: Popular and busy highway side eatery with multi-cuisines, good for families and large groups.
- Coffee Time Cafe: Local cafe serving traditional meals and is quite popular among travelers.
Other means of traveling from Dehradun to Auli?
How to Reach Auli By Train
Dehradun is the nearest railhead from Auli. Hence, the distance from Dehradun to Auli must be covered by road.
How to Reach Auli By Flight
There are no direct flights in India that can help you travel from Dehradun airport to Auli due to the fact that the closest airport to Auli is Jolly Grant which is in Dehradun itself.
Explore Auli Like a Local: A Handy Guide
Attractions in Auli for Sightseeing
One of the best ways to experience the real beauty of Auli is to stay and walk around the picturesque town, like a local.
- For more touristy activities, head to the Auli Artificial Lake – one of the world’s highest man-made lakes, which offers pristine views and lakeside activities, or the Chenab Lake – small crystalline lake popular among tourists.
- For a generous dose of nature, have a picnic or day trek around the alpine grasslands and trekking trails of Gorson Bugyal.
- Take your adventure to the next level with a trip to the Chattrakund – a glacial lake situated at 3300 meters from the sea level and famous for treks.
- Don’t forget to visit other popular places like Joshimath, Kiarna, Chopal, or go all the way up to Theog and Kufri.
Savaari recommends – Popular places to eat in Auli
Auli doesn’t have a very distinct flavor when it comes to food. As a part of the greater culture of Uttarakhand, Auli shares the same flavors as other towns and villages. Also, with increased tourism over the last decade or so, the town has evolved to cater to the multicultural travel community. So, on one side you will find cafes in Auli serving coffee, sandwiches, pizzas, etc., and on the other, you will also see family restaurants and dhabas dishing out north Indian fare.
Drop by these famous eateries to sample some mouthwatering meals in Auli:
- Panchavati Inn, Hotel & Restaurant, Singhdhar bus stand Badrinath Road/Hemkund Sahib Road, Road, Joshimath
- Pahadi Café & Restaurant, Auli Rd, Joshimath
- Food & More Café, Chhawani bazar, near jal nigam, Joshimath
- Auli D Food Plaza, NH 58, Plaza Market, Joshimath
- The Apple Tree Family Restaurant, Upper Bazar, Near Nanda Devi Hotel Diagonally, opposite to Bank Of Baroda, Joshimath
Hotels and resorts – Accommodation in Auli
|Royal Village Resort||Govt. Tourist Complex, Auli, Joshimath, Uttarakhand 246443. PH: 096394 19882|
|Cliff Top Club||Auli Laga Joshimath, Uttarakhand 246443 PH: 078951 40058|
|The Tattva||1, 136, Dr E Moses Rd, Gandhi Nagar, Upper Worli, Worli, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400018 PH: 022 2481 8000|
|Nandan Kanan Auli Resort||Auli Rd, Joshimath, Uttarakhand 246443 PH: 074538 06597|
|Blue Poppy Resorts||Near GMVN, Auli, Uttarakhand 246443 PH: 078141 99093|
Download our Savaari car rental app for a smooth and pleasant journey.