Why travel from Bangalore to Nandi Hills?
Nandi Hills is an exquisitely beautiful hill fortress with mesmerizing natural beauty. This incredibly stunning town in Karnataka is known for its mystic mountains and the lovely views of the sunrise. The cool misty atmosphere of the place along with compelling natural and pure magnificence is what makes this place so special. Bangaloreans mostly visit the place to enjoy the sunrise.
When you book a cab with Savaari, the most noteworthy part of it is that you can turn a simple drive into an experiential road trip. Not only do you get to stop at interesting places you also get a chance to customize your itinerary designed fully to your liking.
Travelling from Bangalore to Nandi Hills by car
A road trip from Bangalore to Nandi Hills by car is one of the best ways to experience the roads that connect the busy metro to the ancient city. When you book Bangalore to Nandi Hills trip packages with us, you can enjoy a ride through the Jain temple, Devanahalli Port and a number of restaurants you can stop by before you enter the hill fortress. Hiring a cab ensures that Bangalore to Nandi Hills Distance will be covered in optimal time. With Savaari’s chauffeur driven cars, you don’t have to bother about refueling, dangerous terrain or some pesky truck trying to overtake you from the wrong side. Push your seats back, roll down the window and enjoy the beautiful sceneries on your Bangalore to Nandi Hills roadtrip.
Let us help you discover some of the best routes so your trip from Bangalore to Nandi Hills by road is nothing short of amazing!
Best time to take a road trip from Bangalore to Nandi Hills by car
Winter is easily one of the best times to visit Nandi Hills. The weather here is pleasant all year round but September to May is the best time to visit Nandi Hills. The remaining monsoon months are less advisable due to rainfall as the road could be slippery and it gets difficult to climb up the hill.
Route 1: Bangalore to Nandi Hills via Bellary Rd
This is the shortest, fastest and the only recommended route to cover the Bangalore to Nandi Hills distance which is approximately 65 km. It will take you about an hour and a half to reach Nandi Hills from Bangalore. You can most probably expect regular Bangalore traffic, but certainly no severe congestion. So it is certainly important that you check for live traffic updates and follow real-time maps to get a better idea of road conditions.
Here’s a basic Bangalore to Nandi Hills road map for this route:
|Bengaluru -> Yelahanka -> Pujanahalli -> Devanahalli -> Yarappanahally -> Nandi Hills|
Popular places along the way:
- Devanahalli: Devanahalli is located at barely 40 km from Bangalore and houses the Kempegowda International Airport. The place is flocked by tourists to witness the Devanahalli Fort which is the primary attraction. There are several temples in the vicinity such as the Siddhalingeshwara Swamy temple, Venugopala Swamy Temple, etc. that are worth a visit.
- Doddaballapur: Doddaballapur is a town about 40 km away from Bangalore which is fast merging into the Bangalore metropolitan area. Once known as a centre for silk weaving, an industry that is gradually fading away making room for modern scientific and information technology industries. Apart from several temples in the vicinity, the Makalidurga trek is recommended.
- Grover Vineyards: Grover vineyards or Grover Zampa Vineyards as it is known today claims to make the most impressive wines in the Indian wine industry. It is located close to the famous Nandi Hills and has a similar winery in Nashik as well. Michel Rolland, the renowned wine consultant, helps the two wineries create the fine wines with distinctive style.
Places to eat on this route:
- Adyar Anand Bhavan (24.4 km from Bangalore) – Stop here for a great south Indian breakfast of dosas and filter coffee.
- Indian Paratha Company (38.3 km) – This highway paratha place is best known for its laid back ambiance and delicious paratha pizza.
- De LAWN (48.4 km) – This cafe on the Nandi Hills road is a perfect pit stop if you’re looking to snack on some continental food.
Other means of traveling from Bangalore to Nandi Hills
You can also travel from Bangalore to Nandi Hills by trains or flights.
Chikkaballapur Railway Station is the nearest railway junction to Nandi Hills, situated 9 km away. There are many trains that run between the two cities. Channapatna – Kolar DEMU is the fastest train that will take you from Bangalore City Junction to Chikkaballapur Railway Station, taking 1 hr 34 m. From there, you can book a cab or rent a car to reach Nandi Hills.
There are no direct flights to Nandi Hills. The nearest airport from Nandi hills is the Kempegowda International Airport in Bangalore. You can book a Kempegowda International Airport to Nandi Hills taxi to have a hassle-free road trip.
Explore Nandi Hills Like a Local: A Handy Guide
Situated at a short distance of 62 km from Bangalore, Nandi hills serve as a great holiday destination and are one of the most popular weekend getaways from Bangalore. As per the legends, the name Nandi Hills originated from the shape of a hill, which looks like a sleeping bull. Nandi hills offer amazing natural beauty and a heavenly retreat into nature’s abode. Perched at a height of 1479 meters above sea level, it enjoys a pleasant climate throughout the year and provides a rejuvenating break from the fast life of Bangalore.
Get into nature’s lap by visiting this picturesque location featuring the mystic mountains and the lovely views of the sunrise. The gate of Nandi hills open at 5.45 a.m. You must start from Bangalore around 4:00 am, so that you reach there by 5.30, since there will be a long queue. Between 6-6.30 am, one gets to witness the sunrise and bask in its beauty.
Attractions in Nandi Hills for Sightseeing
For a holistic Nandi Hills tour, let us direct you to the must-visit places and plan your itinerary.
- Visit the Devanahalli Fort: Devanahalli Fort is located at a distance of 35 km from Bangalore. This fort was originally built in the 16th century and Tipu Sultan’s birthplace is said to be located nearby as well. There exists a small town in Devanahalli Fort that has many temples. Hiking is essential to visit the fort. Travelers willing to visit the temple can go between 7 AM to 1 PM and 6 PM to 8 PM.
- Go on a karting adventure – Extreme Karts and Adventures is located at Devanahalli. One can choose from go-karting, bungee jumping, ziplining and more. You will get to enjoy the amazing off road all terrain vehicle tour. Karts and Adventures makes for a brilliant one day outing with friends or family.
- Visit the Bhoga Nandeeshwara Temple – Bhoga Nandeeshwara Temple is a Hindu temple located in Nandi Village, the base of Nandi Hills. It is one of the oldest temples in Karnataka, believed to be built in the 9th century and is dedicated to Lord Shiva. It is located at the base of Nandi Hills. The temple has two large shrines, the Arunachaleswara shrine to the south and the Bhoga Nandeeshwara shrine to the north built by the Cholas.
- Explore the Grover Vineyards – Spend the day at the 410 acres of vineyards in the Grover Zampa plantations, at the foot of Nandi Hills. Wine tasting, a grand buffet, birdwatching and more await you at reasonable rates.
Savaari recommends – Popular places to eat in Nandi Hills
Drop by these famous eateries to grab a bite in Nandi Hills –
- Nandi Food Court
- Cafe KA43
- Kaveli Hills
- Hotel Sinchana
- The Olives FINE DINE Restaurant
Hotels and Resorts – Accommodation in Nandi Hills
|KSTDC Hotel Mayura Pine Top Nandi Hills||Nandi Hills, Chikkaballapur, Karnataka 562103 PH: 8618799918|
|Mount Palazzo||42/1, Nandi Hills Main Road, Karahalli Cross, Devanahally, Karnataka 562110 PH: 063666 91932|
|Purple Winds – Amethyst by Chazing Purple||Villa No 2 and 3, Valley of the Wind, Kempathimmanahalli, Nandi Hills 2&3, Nandigunda, Karnataka, India PH: 073882 00886|
|Clarks Exotica Resort||Devanahalli Road, Hollywood Junction, Sadahalli Post, Swiss Town, Bengaluru, Karnataka 562110 PH: 08071 777 000|
Download our Savaari Car Booking app for a smooth and pleasant journey.