As the capital of Telangana, Hyderabad is one of the most visited destinations in the region. While it may have earned a reputation for being a fast emerging tech giant, you will still find the old city of Nizams breathing and thriving to this day. The true essence of Hyderabad can be felt in its grand mosques, minarets, narrow bustling lanes and tombs. Book a cab with Savaari and explore Hyderabad like a local, with an expert chauffeur.
Traveling from Bangalore to Hyderabad by Car
While there are different ways of traveling to Hyderabad from Bangalore, the most economical option would be to opt for a road trip. By doing so, you will have the flexibility to make pit stops along the way as well as truly experience the journey. You can stop at a local roadside Dhaba, visit a centuries-old monument, or take a detour.
Thus, the best way to experience the joy of being on the road is by booking a cab from Savaari.
Best time to take a road trip from Bangalore to Hyderabad by car
The best time to take a trip from Bangalore to Hyderabad by car is between October and March. It is pleasant at this time and the weather is not too hot.
Some of the best routes which can help you reach Hyderabad from Bangalore and at the same time explore some popular places along the way are:
Route: Bangalore-Hyderabad Highway NH 44
|Bangalore — Penukonda — Anantapur — Kurnool — Mahabubnagar — Hyderabad|
Vital Statistics – Distance, Time & Highway Quality
Popular places along the way:
- Pendukonda Fort: Penukonda Fort shows the grand plan and strategic view of the medieval period
- Hemavathi Fort: One of the ancient forts in Andhra Pradesh which now in ruins with temples like Doddeswara Swamy Temple, Siddeswara Swamy Temple and Mallikarjuna Swamy Temple as proof of the excellence of artisanship of Chola and Pallava era.
- Lepakshi: About 110 km from Anantapur, Lepakshi is a perfect stopover for the lovers of architecture. With 108 shiva temples and a 16th-century temple, this place will be a treat to the eyes for its fine architecture. The intricately carved pillars and the rock sculptures speak volumes of the architect’s intelligence.
- Ahobilam: Ahobilam is a major pilgrimage center located in Kurnool. It also happens to be the place where the Lord Narasimha killed the demon Hiranyakashipu and blessed Prahlada.
- Agastya Cave and Veera Brahmam Cave: Yaganti is quite famous for the Shiva Temple and the interesting caves that dot the landscape. Don’t miss out on the Nandi statue which the locals believe is growing in size with time.
- Srisailam Mallikarjuna Temple: Srisailam Sri Mallikarjuna Swamy Temple is one of the twelve Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva. It is situated in the Nallamala Hills of Kurnool district on the banks of the Krishna River.
- Mallela Theertham: Enjoy the waterfalls in the midst of a dense forest located just a few kilometers from Mahabubnagar.
Other means of traveling from Bangalore to Hyderabad
Other than hitting the road with your own vehicle, other means of traveling to Hyderabad from Bangalore are –
There are many direct flights from Bengaluru’s Kempegowda International Airport to Hyderabad’s Rajiv Gandhi International Airport. One can cover the distance between Bangalore and Hyderabad in less than 1 hour 30 mins.
The cities of Bangalore and Hyderabad are located at a distance of 705 km. Efficient rail connectivity makes it easier to travel from one place to the other. The first train that leaves Bangalore and takes you to Hyderabad is 15016 Yesvantpur Junction Gorakhpur Express. It departs from Bangalore at 07:40 AM and reaches Hyderabad at 22:45 PM. The last train that leaves Bangalore for Hyderabad is 02213 Varanasi Junction Anand Vihar Gondia Junction Rat. It leaves at 23:40 PM and reaches the destination at 09:05 AM.
Explore Hyderabad like a local
Hyderabad is one of those cities in India that offer plenty to see and do. A foodie’s paradise, Hyderabad’s beautiful monuments serve as the major factor, attracting tourists from India and outside. The city’s regal beauty attracts lovers of history, architecture and arts alike. Relive the by-gone era in Hyderabad’s narrow lanes and take home an experience unlike any other.
Popular Attractions in Hyderabad for sightseeing:
A trip to Hyderabad will be incomplete if you miss out on these tourist places.
- Golconda Fort is an important historical structure. Originally built on a 400ft hill, the tall proud fortress has seen the reign of several dynasties. Witness the Sound & Light show that brings alive the grandeur of this time-worn monument.
- The Char Minar too makes for a must-visit sight. Located in the heart of the city, Char Minar was built using bricks from Mecca and Laad Bazaar. It has been standing tall since 1591, housing a mosque and 45 prayer spaces. Thus, it is one of the most important and holiest places in the city.
- Ramoji Film City makes its way to every traveler’s list. While it is said to be haunted, its magical theme around cinema attracts the highest number of visitors every year.
- Another tourist destination that cannot be missed is the Hussain Sagar Lake. One of the largest man-made lakes in India, Hussain Sagar has been adding to Hyderabad and Secunderabad’s beauty since 1562. The best time to visit the lake is at dusk. To add to this, the monolithic statue of Budhha set in the middle of the lake will surely bring you peace.
Some other places that showcase the regal beauty of Hyderabad are Mecca Masjid, Qutub Shahi Tombs, Sri Jagannath Temple and Birla Mandir Salar Jung Museum.
Places to eat in Hyderabad
- Hyderabadi Biryani – Hotel Shadab, Cafe Bahar
South Indian food – Chutneys
- Mughlai food – Shah Ghouse Café & Restaurant
- Buffets – Ten J
- Continental – Lé Vantage Café Bar
- Andhra food – United Kitchens Of India, The Spicy Venue
Hotels and Resorts – Accommodation in Hyderabad
|Golconda Resort and Spa||Sagar Mahal Complex, Gandipet, R R District, Near Osman Sagar Lake, Hyderabad, Telangana – 500075.|
|Celebrity Hotel Retreat||Survey No.1222, ORR Circle Karimnagar Highway Shamirpet, Medchal District Hyderabad – 500101 .|
|Lahari Resort||Bhanoor, Near Patancheru, Hyderabad, Telangana 502305.|
|Button Eyes Resort||Moinabad Tehsil, Rangareddy district, Tolkatta, Telangana 501504.|