Call it a go-to honeymoon destination, a hippie’s paradise, or the best choice for a break, Goa is, above all, the most vibrant beach destination in India.
Its golden, palm-lined beaches, sparkling sea, combined with the region’s distinctive culture; the Konkan state offers an incredible experience every single time. Be it a relaxing holiday by the beach, a long party weekend, or an adventurous trip, Goa has something for every kind of traveler.
Table of Contents
- Why travel from Bangalore to Goa?
- Traveling from Bangalore to Goa?
- Best time to take a road trip by car
- How to Reach Goa By Train
- How to Reach Goa By Flight
- Attractions in Goa for Sightseeing
- Savaari recommends – Popular places to eat in Goa
- Hotels and resorts – Accommodation in Goa
- Nearby Road Trips From Goa
Why travel from Bangalore to Goa?
Traveling from Bangalore to Goa by road is certainly nothing short of an epic road trip. Hence, here are some of the reasons why you should definitely embark on a road trip to explore all the cool places en route.
Besides, the journey to Goa is as interesting as the destination itself. With a road trip from Bangalore, you can start your ‘Goa vacation’ even before you arrive at your destination. When you book a cab with Savaari, you can turn the long, point-to-point drive, into an exciting journey.
In order to make the most of your time in Goa, Savaari lets you customize your road trip as per your convenience so you can stop at as many places of interest as possible. With the help of our tips and suggestions, you can surely turn a simple drive into an interesting and memorable road trip experience.
Traveling from Bangalore to Goa by car
A Bangalore to Goa road trip is one of the best ways to travel from the tech city to the land of beaches. Not to forget, the route between these two places passes through interesting locales of Karnataka as well as Goa.
So you can sit back and enjoy the shifting landscape from the hilly Western Ghats to the golden Konkan coast, and also enjoy the transition of culture as you ride through the concrete skyline to the quieter, cleaner surroundings
With our completely customizable Bangalore to Goa car trip packages, you can stop at any of these places and do a quick sightseeing. Let us help you discover the best routes so you can plan an exciting trip to Goa from Bangalore by road.
Thus, experience the joy of being on the road by booking a cab from Savaari.
Quick Facts about Bangalore to Goa
|Road Distance from Bangalore to Goa||570 kms|
|Aerial Distance from Bangalore to Goa||464 kms|
|Travel Time for Bangalore to Goa by Road||10 hours and 30 minutes|
|Travel Time for Bangalore to Goa by Train||12 hours and 25 minutes|
|Travel Time for Bangalore to Goa by Flight||1 hours and 20 minutes|
|Best Routes||Bangalore to Goa via NH48|
|Best time to visit||November – February|
Best time to take a road trip from Bangalore to Goa by car
Goa is as tropical as it can get. It sits snugly between the Western Ghats on the east and the Arabian Sea on the west, making it not only a warm but also a humid region, almost all through the year.
The summers can be hot and harsh, while winter months are pleasant, despite the mellow sun, which makes it perfect for exploring the outdoors. Also, most local festivities happen during the winter months, when the weather is conducive making it the best time to visit Bangalore to Goa by car.
Also, this time of the year is the busiest in the state with tourists flocking from various domestic and international locations to make the most of the weather and the events.
Route 1: Bangalore to Goa via NH 48
Bangalore to Goa distance via NH 48
This is the shortest, fastest, and most convenient route. This is also the only designated route suggested by GPS and live maps. Most travelers opt for this route because the Bangalore to Goa traffic here is much lighter and makes it better to drive through.
The distance between Bangalore and Goa via this route is around 570 KM and takes about 11 hours. However, it is always advisable to check for live traffic updates and use real-time maps for a better understanding of the road conditions.
Bangalore to Goa Road conditions via NH 48
Here’s a basic Bangalore to Goa road map for this route:
|Bangalore — Tumakuru — Hiriyur — Chitradurga — Devanagare — Ranebennur — Hubli — Dharwad — Panjim (Goa)|
Popular places along the way:
- Mandara Giri Jain Temple, Tumakuru – The ancient temple, sitting on a rocky hillock is a famous Jain pilgrimage site. The stone staircase leading to the summit makes for a good day trek and to also enjoy the surrounding views.
- Chitradurga Fort, Chitradurga – This historical fortress is the highlight of the town and not to forget, a prominent trekking spot as well.
- Jogimatti Forest, Chitradurga – The densely forested zone is the most significant natural sanctuary of the town and also forms the habitat of local wildlife.
- Chandravalli, Chitradurga – These prehistoric caves are surrounded by lush greenery and house a temple, and is a popular local spot.
- Kunduvada Lake, Devanagere – When you pass by the town, you can stop by the Kunduvada Lake, the most prominent and refreshing picnic spot on this route.
- Unkal Lake, Hubli – The huge water body is the main attraction of the town among locals as well as tourists. You can take a short break and enjoy a picnic by the serene lake and verdant surroundings.
- Chadramouleshwara Temple, Hubli – This 900-year old temple dates back to the Chalukya dynasty and stands as an iconic structure of the region. Perfect for art and history lovers, the temple is a fine example of classic Indian rock-cut architecture.
Places to eat along this route:
There are not many options for meal breaks between Bangalore and Goa. The best eateries and restaurants are clustered between Dharwad and Hubli, along with a few options of roadside vendors selling local snacks, tea, and coffee.
- Sai Palace Restaurant, between Sira and Hiriyur – Local diner serving authentic South Indian breakfast and filter coffee.
- Kamat Upchar, Sira – Popular highway eatery chain serving vegetarian meals, also good for breakfast and lunch.
- Upadhya Veg, Chitradurga – Local restaurant serving pure vegetarian fare, and is also good for families.
Other means of traveling from Bangalore to Goa
You can also take a Bangalore to Goa bus. However, for a comfortable, safe and free journey you should take a cab or car rental to reach Goa.
How to Reach Goa by Train
You can also cover Bangalore to Goa distance by train. You can choose to take a train to Margao or Vasco Da Gama. There are about 7 trains that run between these two cities weekly, of which only 1 runs daily.
The fastest train is the MGR CHENNAI CENTRAL VASCO DA GAMA WEEKLY EXPRESS (17311), which takes 14 hours to reach Goa. Therefore, for Bangalore to Goa train bookings, you can visit the Indian Railways website or check with any online travel portal to get the best deals.
However, if you choose to travel from Bangalore to Goa by train, it would take 14 to 20 hours, depending upon the train. For the most updated Bangalore to Goa train ticket price and timings, check the latest timetables of IRCTC, before booking.
How to Reach Goa By Flight
You can also reach Goa from Bangalore. The nearest airport is Dabolim International Airport (GOI), which is about 28 KM from Panjim city. The average Bangalore to Goa flight duration can range from one and a half to five hours, depending on the airline as well as the flight route you take.
Hence, for your Bangalore to Goa flight booking, visit any online travel portal for the best deal or check the airline’s website. The flight tickets can cost you INR 1500 to 5000, depending on the travel season, booking window, and available deals.
Explore Goa Like a Local: A Handy Guide
The country’s favourite beach destination, Goa tourism, however, is not just about golden, sandy beaches, and colourful parties. There is a lot more to this Konkan province.
Explore its rich history, local traditions and culture, balanced against its modern vibes. You can also explore the forests, wildlife, and waterfalls to discover its nature, or tour the forts and churches, to learn about its rich heritage. With our tips and suggestions, you can certainly turn your Goa trip into a memorable experience.
Attractions in Goa for Sightseeing
For an ultimate Goa tour, start with the popular beaches at Baga, Calangute, Anjuna, Arpora, Vagator, Ashwem.
If you wish to explore the Catholic history of the state, then visit the Church of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception or Panjim Church, Church of St. Francis De Assissi, and Basilica of Bom Jesus.
Goa sightseeing is not complete without visiting the old forts at Aguada, Chapora, and Tiracol. If you don’t want to visit any typical Goa tourist place, then head to south Goa and relax at the quieter and less populated beaches of Palolem or Butterfly Beach, or explore the quaint Chorao Island.
However, for more adventure, do a day trek to the Devil’s Canyon or the Mollem wildlife sanctuary.
Savaari recommends – Popular places to eat in Goa
Being right in the heart of the Konkan Coast, Goa’s cuisine is predominantly coastal. With years of Portuguese influence, combined with ethnic flavors, the local food is a culinary joyride for everyone, even if you are not a gastronome. Apart from the internationally famous Vindaloo, classic Goan recipes such as the Xacuti, Balchao, and traditional sweets like dos, bebinca, and dodol are what define ethnic food.
Hence, to sample the best of classic and contemporary, Indian and international cuisines, explore these places in Goa.
- Cantare, Cruz Vaddo, Saligao.
- Curlies Beach Shack, Near Flea Market, St Michael Vaddo, Anjuna.
- George Restaurant & Bar, Near Mary Immaculate Conception Church, Altinho, Panaji.
- Mum’s Kitchen, D. B. Street, Panaji – Miramar Road, Panaji.
- Chef Fernando’s Nostalgia, Near Our Lady Of Snow Church, Raia.
- Martin’s Corner, Binwaddo, Betalbatim.
- Fisherman’s Wharf, At The Riverside, Salcette.
Hotels and resorts – Accommodation in Goa
|Alila Diwa||48/10, Adao Waddo, Majorda, Goa 403713 PH: 0832 274 6800|
|ITC Grand (for. Park Hyatt )||Arossim Beach Rd, Cansaulim, Goa 403712 PH: 0832 272 1234|
|Bogmallo Beach Resort||Bogmalo Rd, South Goa, Bogmalo, Goa 403806 PH: 0832 672 9100|
|Prainha Resort By The Sea||Jetty Road, Near State Bank of India, Dona Paula, Goa 403004 PH: 0832 245 3882|
|Casa Menezes||304, Gaunkarvaddo, Batim, PO Goa Velha Tiswadi, Panaji, Goa 403108 PH: 090497 66766|
Nearby Road Trips From Goa
|Goa to Gokarna||134 km||3 hours|
|Goa to Mangalore||344 km||7 hours|
|Goa to Mahabaleshwar||388 km||8 hours|
|Goa to Pune||440 km||9 hours|
|Goa to Coorg||478 km||10 hours|
|Goa to Bangalore||557 km||11 hours|
|Goa to Mumbai||584 km||11 hours|
Download our Savaari car Booking app for a smooth and pleasant journey.